I need two VPLive volunteers

I need two VPLive volunteers to help me test how internet latency affects the use of VirtualVP over the internet. I need one volunteer in the USA, preferably in So. Calif. or the east coast (somewhere not close to my location in Idaho). I also need one volunteer from someplace that’s not in North America. All you need is VPLive. I want you to try and connect your VPLive to my weather station via my VirtualVP, and report how it works over a distant internet connection. I’ll send the details. If you’re interested, and have a little time to spend on it, post a reply here, and send me an email at [email protected] so I have your email address.

Steve

Steve, I’m on the East Coast (Maryland) and would be willing to try. But I warn you the details will have to be detailed. :slight_smile:

–Dave

Steve:

I’m on the West Coast (southwestern SF Bay area in Saratoga, CA) and would be pleased to help test.

Best regards,
Ken

FWIW I’m in the same area as Ken but also willing to have a go.

Can we ping you to see what the latency is like?

When I send the details, I’ll include my IP address. I’ll enable ping response when it’s time to do the test. I will try and get the details out today. Remember to send my your email address. You might also include general time of day when you’d be available to do the test. That way I can have more people doing the test by assigning different time periods to different people (I will only have one port available for the test).

Steve

Western Australia. I’ll need some guidance but willing to help.