NOAA Detailed Report - Departure From Normal

HI,

How do you get WD to display the Departure from Normal under the detailed monthly report? I have 3.5 years of data and I don’t have anything showing up in that column. Trends.gif shows hi/lo/avg for me so I know WD is using my log data. Also the yearly report does appear to be working for me with the departure from normal column and I have selected “use my data” in the Average/Extremes or NOAA setup screen (can’t remember which one has that option).

Thanks…

I also have more than 1 yr of data and that column is still “—”. I would like to know it as well.

I am curious about this as well. My monthly has no data in the column, but there is a “total” value at the bottom of the column. The yearly has values for Jan thru Mar, nothing for April, and a total at the bottom that doesn’t make mathmatical sense.

I am missing the departure from normal as well. I have over 1.5 years of data. Also the format/alignment is messed up again (version 10.35B) See attaced screen shot

Frank

You need to use a version of WD where %x14% is defined properly. That should solve the alignment problem.

I am using Version 10.35B. What version would you recommend?

Frank

When I view your data (via your website) on my Mac the alignment is OK although %x14% is undefined. My screen resolution on the Mac is 1440 x 900 while your attachment suggested a lower resolution.

Are you using the latest climatedata.html template? I have seen the climatedatayear template that doesn’t have 2 pressure columns but I don’t know if Brian is distributing the climatedata version with one column.

There also seems to be another problem which is all the "0"s in the rain column for the entire month.

I am using 10.34z which doesn’t have the excess zeroes and where %x14% is defined although mine came from a zip from Brian.

edit: looking at Brians website he is using 10.35b and has %x11% undefined plus the extra zeroes. Brian suggested that having the Avg. Station column made no sense so in the template I created and sent to him that column was removed.

The files I am using are dated 5/10/2006. If you have better template files, would you share them with me?

Thanks

Frank

I have no problem sending them to you other than I don’t think I can add an attachment to a PM. If you send me a PM with an e-mail that I can send attachments to I will send them to you and you can try them out. Note that the templates do not solve the 0 rainfall issues. You can preview what mine look like by going to my website, just ignore the color I use as a background for the reports, my sister claimed that the standard white was blinding her and wanted me to tone it down. :lol:

edit: ignore what I said about a PM. I found yur real e-mail and will send some zipped files.

golfmachine
I got the email. Thanks! I will see how they work for me and report back

Frank

golfmachine

they worked fine but I still have the zeros and am missing data in the dep from normal in the monthly. Dep from normal shows in the yearly file.

Thanks

Frank

The zeroes and departure from normal are something Brian has to take care of as WD sets the values. The template only reports what’s there. :slight_smile:

Anyone have a solution to the missing departure from normal problem?

Frank

Frank,

I think this is one that will have to wait for Brian’s return from his storm chasing…

-Bob

I still am missing the departure from normal in the monthly report. Additionally I cannot figure out where column of zeroes is coming from under “Water”. See screen shot attached

Frank

have you tried a newer 10.35d frank?
(to see if that fixes the zeros (which also mean no data)
for the no departure from zero, you will have to zip and email me the data files 62006.inf, 62005.inf, 62004.inf, 62003.inf, etc
note that i have only had 1 hour sleep in the last 48 hours or so, so go easy on me

Brian - Good to see you made it home…safe and sound! Too bad we couldn’t give you the storms you were looking for. I am travelling in Chicago so I won’t be able to send you files until Thursday but I have 62003, 62004, 62005, and 62006. Nothing but blue skies and 75 degrees F here…

Those zeroes started showing up in a recent version of 10.35 for the rainfall column, but they haven’t destroyed the layout for my report. They just show up for all the days that haven’t been filled in yet and are still there for the most up to date 10.35d version of WD.

Brian

First, get some rest!

Then - I dont find a file named “62006.inf” but I do find a file named “month62006.inf”. Is that the file(s) you need?

I will grab the latest 10.35D and try it.

Thanks. And by the way, I have been running without errors or crashing for 18 days with the record count on the main screen over 724,000!!

Frank

hi
i have found the problem, it was a oF/oC units issue
this updated version fixes it:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip

good news on the running good version of WD

Brian,

The fix works for me on the daily report but the yearly summary showing each month’s departure from normal is still dashes.