How long is %rainduration%?

I’ve been wondering what determines the “end” of the rain duration?

If the rain is a slow drizzle, the rain sensor might not tip for 10 or 15 minutes, before it accumulates a full .01" to tip. But the Rain Duration doesn’t seem to count that slow-drizzle as part of the measred duration.

1. Is there a way to extend the time between tips necessary to maintain the rain duration?

2. Is this related to what ever determines when the %weathercond% goes from “moderate drizzle” to “stopped raining”?

I’ve tried adjusting the settings on the Summary Image / Banner / Weather Icon setup page but I can’t see any difference when I bumped the “minutes to checkback for its stopped raining” to 120 minutes. It still shows stopped raining after about 10 minutes. (See attached image)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

minutes-to-check.jpg

hi
as soon as there has been no rain in the last 60 minutes, the rain duration is set to 0

Thanks.

Is that also true or the “Stopped Raining” message?
Does Leaf Wetness = 15 have any effect on either one?

the stopped rainining one is determined by the setttings in the summary and icon setup…
the leaf wetness will set rain if there was none otherwise, but it wont set the stopped raining message (i dont think, from memory, without looking at the code…do you want that??)

Hmmm, that’s what I thought, but as you can see from the image above, I think I had it set for 120 minutes (which is probably too long), but it seemed to show “Stopped raining” much sooner than that since the last tip. Am I doing something wrong?

I’d like a bit more experience with the leaf wetness sensor.

Thanks.