"Can't open LocalFile for reading"

Hi

I have just changed location of “my documents” from C: to E: drive. Now WDL is not receiving data. The following displays in the ftp window:
200 Type set to A.
145: Can’t open LocalFile for reading.

I presume I need to change some setting or file location setting from C: to E:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

StephenC
www.stephenc.co.za/weather

try resetting the clientraw location in the control panel, web files/web page setup, real time ftp setup

Thanks.

The problem is actually not the local file it’s my wdl site. The ftp reads:
TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
145: Can’t open LocalFile for reading.
File uploaded at time :17:12:4

However, my site is’nt updating. Where do I start to look for the problem? Is it wd or wdl or our web server?

Many thanks

Stephenc

www.stephenc.co.za/weather

Where is the local file supposed to be written to? I assume the file isn’t being updated there? The error sounds a little odd, because you’d normally expect not to be able to write the file, but it’s saying you can’t read it. One thought…is it an access permissions issue. Are there any different restrictions on E: drive that weren’t on C: drive? Is E: a network drive? If so, permissions could be the problem.

Thanks Chris

I started the other thread because I am not so worried about the local issue but more the fact that my site isn’t updating. Or are they connected?

Thanks

StephenC

I think Brian’s reply is correct - it sounds like the clientrawftp program can’t find your clientraw files on your local PC to upload to your website.

Julian

“it sounds like the clientrawftp program can’t find your clientraw files on your local PC to upload to your website.”

Thanks Julian

Where do I set this in WD?

Stephen

Stephen,

Under Control panel - Web files / web page the tab that says “Web files setup #1” there is a button on the right side of the screen that says “Set location for clientraw files”

-Bob

Thanks all

Working again! :smiley: I copied the wdlive folder back to C: drive and changed location in WD from E:.… back to C:.… which solved the problem. Not sure why it didn’t like being located on the E: drive though.

Thanks again.

StephenC