New Colorado Site using WD

Well after about a month of tweaking and experimenting, the site is up and running with the new Davis VP2 (installed last evening). The site is using WD and was prepared with FrontPage 2003 using Personal web server. This poor little server can only handle 10 simultaneous connections, so if you get a “busy signal”, try later.

I’m still having a bit of trouble with the FTP to a remote site, so I’ll be limping along on the local server until then.

The ISS is mounted in a natural grassy area about 150 feet from the house. The anemometer is on a 4 foot 1" PVC pole attached to a 4x4 post holding the main ISS. I’m not too happy about the anemometer mount, since the PVC is a bit flexible. I may also want to add the remote transmitter to relocate it on the roof, after I’ve had a chance to compare the wind readings for a while. See photos below.

http://www.leyner.org

(suggestions welcome)

-David

Davis-ISS_siting.jpg

Well I would have to say i am envious of your station location, out on the open like that… (just the ability to have it out in the open 150’ from anything is something most of us have no hope for)

The only comment on that I would have would be to try and get that anemometer about 10 foot higher and I would think you would have as good siting as any NOAA official station…

-Bob

What a view you have David! After you get the anemometer raised up maybe add a webcam. :wink:

great to see people jumping in and using the custom screens ability :slight_smile:
i used to have a girlfriend in colarado, and stayed with her for a month (many moons ago)…she was an AFS student, and was in catching butterflies!

ps, i see you have set WD to produce jpg images (in the webfiles/web page setup)…thats OK for images with pictures, but the normal WD images dont look as good
you will find gif images still look OK for picture images :slight_smile:

David,

Very nice setup as well as beautiful scenery you have around you! :smiley:

The only thing that I would suggest, as Bob said, would be to raise the anemometer up a little bit. It looks as though the anemometer is already high enough as there is mainly open land directly around the station, but just to be safe, you may want to raise it. :wink:

Also, don’t forget to add your weather website to your profile.

–Tim