"analog" output

It will be couple weeks until I get my first 1-wire sensors I have time to think about “other” things :slight_smile:

Since I’m a bit of a techno-freak I of course have to think what else can be done with this, and since I’m also a fan of analog meters I started to think that perhaps one could make analog meters with servo or stepping motors (360 degree motor for wind dir for example). If anyone here has ideas how this could be done, I’d love to hear! I’m at the moment looking at the 4 channel relay from hobby-boards that perhaps could run two steppers (one relay up and one relay down per stepper) or perhaps using the ds2408 with some other type of engine driver. Anyone have ideas about this? :slight_smile:

Niclas

It’s been a while, but for wind direction, I’d rather use synchro motors. Absolutely nothing to do except connect the two of them together with a power supply. On one you place a windvane and on the other you put a pointer.

For the others, it all depends upon what you are converting. D to A converters are reasonably easy to do providing you have the correct digital output. You use an analog meter adjusted to scale the full voltage.

After spending some time looking for information I decided to order a LCD driver and display to start with. Trying to run motors takes a bit more work than I can (time and knowledge) at the moment.

It’s a bit funny that I wanted to find a cheap solution for a weather station, cheaper than davis, but since 1-wire is so flexible it will be quite expensive in the end. I already have plans for LOTS of sensors and applications, like putting a temp sensor in the sauna and getting the reading ona lcd display in the kitchen so you know when it’s hot enough to go there :slight_smile: And if I’m not completely wrong I can display in it weather-display too so everyone can read on my web page when the sauna is on :slight_smile:

So far I have ordered aag 1-wire weather station and pressure sensor from a local dealer, 4*20 lcd display from another local dealer, 1-wire hub, lcd driver and rain gauge from hobby-boards. Hopefully some of it will arrive next week! Next thing will be loads of temp sensors to spread around the house :slight_smile:

Niclas