WS-2300 windvane

Hi everybody

Hope this is the right forum.
Does any of you weatherguys have any idea on how to prevent my winddirection from frezing, I only get one direction as seen on my webpage.

If it is because of cold weather, I have had the same problem.

I have experimented with many things. I put PAM on it to keep it from freezing (made the birds happy).

The last thing I used was vaseline. This has seemed to do the trick.

Hope this helps you!

Jeff

Have you tried WD40 or even tried polishing it with Rain-X?

Bob

Hi everybody

Thanks for the tips, I will try them and return with the results.

Hey everyone, I had the same problem with my ws2310. It rained over the weekend and then froze the next day when the temp dropped. My werather vane froze and would no longer rotate. What I found was that there was ice build up in the small grove between direction vane and the lower unit. lubrication did not help to much and made a mess of the unit. I cleaned up the the unit with alchol and cleared the grove of ice and dirt. I purchase a metal duct tape used for sealing furnace ducts. I cut a small piece of the tape 1/4" wide and 12" long. I then cut another piece 1/8" wide and 12" long. I taped the second piece to the sticky side of the first piece. Then took the whole thing and taped the sticky upper half it to the wind vane overlapping the small grove with the unsticky side so water could not enter the grove and freeze up and permit the wind vane to rotate freely. So far so good. I will report back later if it fails, only time will tell… Dave