Simple text based page?

Before I try to invent a new wheel, does anyone have a simple text based WD template available that will display some of the key current weather conditions on a Smartphone (640*480 display) via GPRS/3G. I want to avoid any images because they consume expensive bandwidth (or will do when I get past my first 3 month offer period of 1GB/month.

I’m sure that a small display could be created with a few kb of HTML that would give the essential data with some highlighting/colours.

This is for use on my new toy (i-mate JasJar).

Will WD’s WAP feature work for that?

http://blackpool.weather-watch.com/wap/

I had something like at some stage, what I did was.

Make a table and set it to the size you want eg 640*480, use xml to populate the page (via server side) worked great on my HP6515.

Wap is not required as thes PDA’s do normal internet.

H.

I tried my WAP page and the PDA doesn’t recognise index.wml as a valid web page. I also had difficulty changing the WAP code for my previous PDA. The standard code worked OK, but it broke as soon as I modified it, so I don’t want to go back down that route for now.

Building a server created page is an option, but I was hoping for a quick pre-built template based solution that I can use until I have time to build my own.