Single place to enter climate historic data.

I would like to see a single screen where historic climate date by day could be entered. I have an extensive printed data base of my nearby location that I would like to enter in WD that would show up in the appropriate report views such as NOAA reports, extremes, trends and so forth. Also use in the great detailed NOAA report for calculating change from normal. The data I have is the average temps high and low for the day plus year of historic extremes. Also same for rain and snow. Obviously entering the data would be time consuming but could be done on a daily basis for a year so that eventually it would be done.

Thanks for considering this. :smiley:

I like this suggestion. I suggested something like this before but don’t know what happened to the request (prob got lost somehow. heh heh)

My biggest problem is if one day i loose data for whatever reason, id love WD to have the ability to just goto one screen and you can pick the month/day/year and enter Hi / Low Temps and Rain / Snow.
Those are my biggest request.

Once you save it, then it overrides whats in the log files and uses that data for the NOAA reports.

Hopefully Brian can impliment this sometimes in the future :slight_smile:

Has this request been considered???

I would like to enter historical data that I have in print manually for my station. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Joe

it can be done manually
you just need to create the needed months logfile with just enough data in it:
you need to have the last 10 minutes of the day and then first 5 minutes of the next day
or each day of the month
with the max and min temperature , rain total, etc
and then convert that logfile to data file

Great! I will give that a try.

Thanks, Brian.

Joe

Brian, where would enter the data in WD? I did not see anything that would allow me to manually create monthly logfiles.

Thanks,
Joe

you create them with notepad.exe
that is what i mean by manually creating them

Thank you.