Looks like cyclone got his wish.

We cot a tropica cyclone warning coral sea west of longitude 160 997hpa and is located 160km of townsville and moving eastersly. :lol:

UKMET got it moving quickly away from the coast, but its a start
also my 10mm of rain in day been broken, a couple days ago, went for 92 days, not bad for summer and in the tropics.

Some rotation can be seen here

ECMWF have got a low off Cooktown in 7 days, Some action around the corner

Well brissy could use some more water, the water supply is still on 33 odd % and that is at the end of summer. We are going to be in big trouble if we do not get more rain. Might run out of water soon. We are on restriction level 2. No sprinklers, no car wash etc.

So a bit of cyclone and a good dump would be good, but let me mow the lawn first (LOL).

H.

Here comes Cyclone Kate.

Lets see what she can do.

and i see a report of a la nina is developing,…
which means more rain for australia…and here too (northern and eastern areas anyway)

AND potentially more hurricanes for us here in the Upcoming season… Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Last year was a record breaker, lets not break it again…

-Bob

models going for a stationary movement, while this model heads it for QLD

ECMWF is going for a low in the Coral Sea in 48 hours, UKMET also picking it up as well

stay tuned

To late now, just bought myself a Motorbike. The word on the street is that it is much more fun to drive when the sun is shining.

H.

yes, this looks to be going to form into a doozie TC , and its gonna hit Queensland sunday/monday?
I will be in the Brisbane area from late tomorrow for a week…with the famdamily on a holiday :slight_smile:
maybe I should go north up the coast and experience it coming ashore (and leave the wife kids behind)
might get divorced if I do that…hummmmmm 8O 8O 8O

ECMWF have a crossing between Cairns and Townsville, Sunday or Monday

Let me know if you coming up :smiley:

its still a long way up the coastline to drive from Brisbane though to that area?
7 hours drive?

Brisbane to Cairns: 19 hours
Brisbane to Townsville: 15 hours
Plane 2 hours

You must be dreamin’ ! :slight_smile:

Rocky (Rockhampton) is probably a good 6 hours away by car, and you ain’t even halfway to Townsville. :slight_smile:

ECMWF still going for a crossing near Cairns in 72 hours or so

I’ve done Cairns to Brisbane…it’s still a big drive if you spread it out over 6 days!

Tropical Cyclone Larry now at 16.6S 157.6E http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQP0005.txt

http://www.travelmate.com.au/MapMaker/MapMaker.asp?TM_Page=mapmaker

That should get you sorted.
Brisbane airport to cairns cbd is approx 1703km would take you at least 20:35hrs by coastal route. But that is using TomTom on my PDA which proofed to be quite accurate I have to tell ya.

H.

Ok, it looks like it is going to happen.

Monday morning 20-March they think Larry is going to hit.

H.