Kindly help I just joined and i am a newbie

Hi All and thank you for your time… I just purchaced La Cross WS-2315 and i have set nearly all the settings but still have some problems…

I would like to set the barrometer pressure and i do not know what value i have to set this… local weather stations are displaying 1013 hpa … should i enter this value ??? Does this effect the Tendecy arrows ? as i am trying to understand whats going on… Sorry for the trouble but i am a newbie to this and really like to start.

Again Many thanks for your time and help … also would like to thank the Admin and Mods of the nice forum.

:?

We are all newbies, some have just been new for longer than others. In other words, we are all learning all the time.

I don’t know your station, but generally you need to set the differential so that your reading would be the same as other stations. Most readings are not absolute, but are relative - in other words, the reading you see is the reading that you get adjusted to what it would be at sea level at your location.

You usually have to set offsets for both your weather station console and your Weather Display software.

There are others here much more clued up than I am, but I hope this helps a bit.

I would adjust one or the other but not both, otherwise you will get into a loop with one fighting the other…

with the 23xx stations just set the rel barometer value on the console once to match the other local stations (or what you know the pressure should be at your location)
Both the Station console and weather display will then use that correction :slight_smile:
no other adjustment is needed in weather display…

Hi all and thank you for your help…

I will try this out and let you know the out come … the only thing is that i am getting an upright arrow on the screen and the SUN and it has been raining for a month over here … this is driving me nuts…

Well i hope it works now …

Cheers

This is one of the most confusing aspects about the forecast function on the LaCrosse system. I have the 2310. Invariably my wife or friends will ask me why the sun is shining on the screen and it’s cloudy or raining outside. The image on the screen is a product of an “ancient” algorithm that weather men used back in the days before computers. Essentially, when the pressure rises (the upright arrow) you get improving conditions. When the pressure falls (downward arrow) you get bad weather. I believe you can adjust the parameters to how much change in pressure is required to change the picture, but I’ve never really messed with that since there really is so much more to forecasting the weather than changing pressure. Hope this helps a little.

Regards,
Paul

Yes thats right my friend but its just i cannot understand and find those settings…

Now i had manage to insert the pressure value with the help of some other local stations…

Its the tendency the problem that still could not figure out…

Many thanks