Failed to set data WX3.html

Here is an error I am getting. When I hit now to upload data it does nothing. The file itself updates itself like it should but will not upload to my host. Any ideas. The rest of my pages upload just fine it is just this file.

ERROR: Failed to set data for ‘D:\wdisplay\webfiles\wx3.html’ at time/date 9:41:53 PM 01/21/06
ERROR: Failed to set data for ‘D:\wdisplay\webfiles\wx3.html’ at time/date 9:41:58 PM 01/21/06
ERROR: Failed to set data for ‘D:\wdisplay\webfiles\wx3.html’ at time/date 9:43:24 PM 01/21/06

Chuck

I removed wx3.html from my advanced internet settings. The reason I did that is because it would shut down ftpupd and would not download the rest of my files. Once removed the remaining files uploaded with no problem. There possibly might be a problem with at doc. Going out for a bit but will be back to look into it.

Chuck

try deleting that file off your web /ftp server

I tried that and it is still doing the same thing. I even tried putting a new wxlocal3 which of course put a new wx3 in the web folder. It is still not working at all. I think it is something from this end. When I press now to ftp it nothing happens ftpupd did not pop up in the system tray. Then I went and checked the program error log and there it was with the same problem. That is the only file that I am have problems with. It is driving me crazy. I have tried everything I can think of. If there is anything else please let me know.

Chuck

and you tried deleting that wx3.html file in the web files folder so it can be recreated?

i have not actualy seen that error with the ftp before 8O

You are correct. I deleted both files and recreated both and still get the same error. It has me sitting here scratching my head and drinking a Captain and coke. Cheers! I worked on it for at least 3 hours before I posted this. It is a weird problem I would have to admit. That is the only thing on my error log. I just checked it. I don’t know what else to do.

Chuck

Brian,

I renamed the file wxlocal10/wx10 and uploaded to host with no problem. There is something wrong with file #24. That is strange to say the least. I just have to update all my pages to indicate the change.

Chuck

how large is that wx3.html file?

It is only 6kb in size. I have some other wx files that are 12 and 16 kb and upload with no problem.

Chuck

maybe its too small???

try adding more lines of text to it as a test
that migth just fix it

I have one with just my text forecast that is only 1.6k and that works fine here…

It worked just fine until yesterday. That is not the smallest file. It has been updating now for 14 hours after I renamed it to wx10. Just seems a bit strange that that was the only file that would not upload but it would update on my computer.

Chuck

Are you sure the remote file name was correct in the custom internet uploads screen?

I am positive. I checked that several times over to make sure. Like I said before it worked fine until yesterday and I did not touch anything.

Chuck

are you using the ability to upload to different ftp servers, and you had that wxlocal 3 set to go to a different ftp server?

On the customise page, there is the box for other ftp servers. I have my info in the #1 server. Do I need that one in there. I am only uploading to one web server. I’m assuming yes. Is there an example how to setup the customise page. Just curious. Thanks!

Chuck

Unless you are uploaded to a second server, the server to use box should be “0”

What are the rest of your WX files set to in that screen?

that #1 ftp server setup is only needed if you want to upload to different ftp servers (not normaly used) (and you tick to upload to different ftp servers (and set which one, 1 to 3, for each file to upload to), otherwise the main internet ftp setttings are in the ftp/internet setup, connections setup
(which is copied to that #1 setup if that is not aleady set)

They are all set to 0. The box on top of page for other ftp servers is not ticked. Is this the right way to set up that page?

Chuck

Sounds right to me -

There is a FAQ on this, but it still reflects the old setup screen.
Brian, should I update it now - I know you wanted to hold off some until you got the “other servers” function working properly.