Upload WD to Frontpage ?

Hello All
My ? is can you upload wd info to frontpage , then upload it to your web site?
Or do you have to go into files manually do it ?
Or do you create web page with frontpage then upload it to web site , then upload wd file to a sub page of your web site ?
I’m not connected 24 /7 just couple hrs day.

Thank you
Rick

Front page is a publisher, not a webserver. So you really don’t upload WD to Frontpage.

What you can do is move data from WD to the folder containing a website that you would then use Frontpage to upload to a webserver.

I’m not a real frontpage type guy so I can’t give you any real specifics on using it.

Lets see if I can get this right.
Upload WD in FP, would not do that, you can use FP to use the /webfiles directory in WD to see as a webpage. Danger with that is that if you work on files and WD wants to use them you get a file lock and WD does not like that to much. Better is to change the WD files to your look and feel in another directory and when finished copy them back.

Or do you have to go into files manually do it ?
Not sure what you mean, but if you want the WD file to be the same look and feel of you site than change the wxlocal.html (wxlocal*.html files for that matter) file in FP to have the same look and feel add what you want to add. Copy it back to the/webfiles dir and next time WD will use it t create the weather page.

Or do you create web page with frontpage then upload it to web site , then upload wd file to a sub page of your web site ?
Assuming that you have a webpage and want to use WD data as a sub page linked from your standard menu on your webpage. (close enough??) What you do you set this up in WD in Advanced internet settings (file name you want, directory you want etc). For example the wdlocal.html file is now the same look and free as your webpage. You can set it to what ever name you want it to be on your webpage. Configure the directory and of you go, your menu buttons on your webpage have the link to that page “hardcoded” so it will work.

I’m not connected 24 /7 just couple hrs day.
I am not switched on 24/7 either (oh, you mean the computer ;-)). Well assuming that your PC is on 24/7 to collect the weather data? Than use WD to establish the connection (dial up etc) at specified times eg every 12 hrs. To make this work you tell WD (set buttons for each file you want to create) to create your pages at 11:45 for example (depends how long it takes to create) than when 12 o clock hits the pages in the /webfiles direcorty will be served up to your web server.

Mate, it is all possible but there is not much on this level were Brian and Co have not thought off. Even if they have not some other users found ways arround it.

You do not need FP or other publisher to run and serve WD pages to your webserver, hope the above is in the ball park on what you trying to to do.

Thank you
yes this help out alot
thank you
rick