**NEW** La Crosse WS1600 Professional Weather Station.

NEW 2006 MODEL - Yet to be released

Looking for an upgrade to your weather station? La Crosse are just in production of a new IT Model. Ideal for the beginner and very well priced. please inderciate by replying.
More information on our web site - http://www.scientificsales.co.nz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=228

The WS-1600 Base Receiver has the Following Features:

• Time display (manual setting)
  • 12/24 hour time display
  • Calendar display (weekday, date, month, year)
  • Time alarm function
  • Weather forecasting function with 3 weather icons and weather tendency indicator
  • Outdoor temperature display in

I won’t be buying one, but someone’s going to ask…does it have a PC interface? The published spec suggests not.

Come on Chris, im sure you can afford one? :lol:

Your correct, this particular models doesn’t have a PC port. BUT!! The next model after, or a Separate PC receiver. So you can have your LCD displayed in the lounge for all your Millionaire mates can see it humming away, and upstairs in the Attic can be receiving the same signal into your 486 DX66 Personal Computer. #-o

Regards Craig

Craig,

It appears they have finally seen the light on their Anemometer moving to cups, hopefully all models will follow suit over time…

What are the real specs like Humidity range, transmission frequency and so on?

Without a PC interface I see little use for this myself but maybe La Crosse will start upgrading other stations…

-Bob

please inderciate by replying.
:?

Kiwi slang?

Hi Bob, just the standard specs at the mo…

Specifications:

• Outdoor Temperature Range: -40

Ahh…no point in me having one then. I don’t get any millionaire visitors.

I don’t get any visitors at all! :frowning:

inderciate what? :lol:

AHHH, you poor Caulkhead. If I’d have known I’d have popped in last week! I was in Newport for a couple of days my parents live there and my Uncle is in Ryde! (actually most of my family were born in Cowes)

I’m too poor to buy coffee, so would have called in and scounged :wink:

Woody

That’s because last time they came they couldn’t see you and decided not to come back again.

Maybe he gets invisible visitors?

But the question is, can I use the windvane from this model on my 2300 so I can have cups rather than propellar.

Ditto, or can I use the wind sensor on this model with the 3610 to replace the propeller?