New to all this !need some help

:smiley:

Hi Guys im new to all this. My good lady wife has bought me a weather WS868025 station for xmas but i really wanted one with wind direction and speed on it!

i thought aabout swapping it for a WS3600 what are you thoughts on this are they any good ??? i am new to all this and want to start with the basics

whats all this software you guys have on your pc’s how does it connect to the station ???

thanks if anyone can help :o

hi
the 3600 comes with a cable (serial) to connect to your PC, and weather display software will work with that station

thanks for that ! what software do you recommend weather display 32 is being offered to me cheap

I have tried different weather software but I can honestly say, Weather display is the best! :smiley:
You may have some problems when you first start using it but the folks on this forum will fall over themselves to help you out. Do not expect that with other software. Brians support is the best!!

who is offereing it to you cheap?

well its not really cheap something about upgrade for

that just means if you want to purchase weather display software, thats how much more it will cost you on top of the price of the weather station
the weather station comes with software included (heavy weather)

arhhhhh ok i havebben reading some of the other postes and it looks to me that people have trouble with the heavy weather software and maybe the Weather display 32 is better!!!

i think i will upgrade :smiley:

also how long is the serial lead on the 3600 ? as my 3600 is in my hall and PC’s in my office

its not very long…you will have to extend it (join in some wiring)
its not a standard serial cable, and its not standard serial communication either, so not sure how well it will go with extending it

ok thanks im a Auto electrician by tradeand do comms cabling in vehicles just a worry about voltage drop! how many cores does it have ?