METAR x WINAPRS

Ive used WinAPRS in WIndowsMe for a long time without problems. In the same pc, I installed Weather-Display 10.30w to plot in APRS a METAR archive acessed trough FTP from another site. First problem : the APRS Data Send only works when I press Test, the upload scheduled for every 5 minutes doesnt work.
Second problem : the FTP/Metar download only works when I press Test, the upload scheduled for every 5 minutes doesnt work. Third problem : the temperature and wind speed only appear on the display but dont appear in the graphics and these don`t appear in WinAPRS, only wind brg and bar press appear.

My version is a demo , is this the cause of the problems ?

Obs.: The same problem happens with WindowsXP

Thanks a lot, Marco/ZZ2MUS :roll:

Marco,

Do you have the Main Internet Switch turned “ON” under “Control Panel - FTP - Connections”

-Bob

We’re having the same problem too. We’re trying to email a METAR every 15min and ‘it just don’t work’ (unless you invoke it yourself). I suppose it must have worked once… :?

yes, make sure the main internet switch is ON
and you have ticked, use ftpupd.exe in the connections setup, or at least have ticked,still use for all other
worse comes to worse, email me your settings (see in the FAQ for how to do that) and I will try here

Thanks Bob for helping

it looks like you using the wxnow.txt from the OWW program still
try changing the location of the wxnow.txt file to use to that one produced by WD in the winaprs program