Configuring MML in WDL

:oops: on the typo - Thanks for catching it.

The map detail (lack of it) stinks, but at least I have a map.

Not sure what you mean about missing stations. If you can give me some examples it will help. The only thing I can guess at is that station data is only provided when it’s less than 3 hours old. If a station on your map hasn’t provided data for 12 hours then it won’t show up, but when it does provide data again it will reappear.

Priority stations just mean that where you have some stations that overlap, the priority stations are always plotted after the regular stations, so their icons will be on top of the pile. You’re probably best spreading the stations out though. The idea behind priority stations was that if you’ve got an area covered by one station that when it’s on always gives high quality data and another station that’s always on, but has lower quality data, you can make sure that better quality station appears when it’s providing data.

Dave,

Since you have WDL running how about adding your Clientraw.txt to the Clientraw providers list… tis free :slight_smile:

Good deal so far :slight_smile:

-Bob

Bob,

Providing the clientraw file was the first thing I did. As you said, it’s free.

I have 10 stations all showing data less than 1 hour old. As none of the selected stations should overlap, I deleted the “priority” list hoping it might make a difference. It didn’t.

Is the MML in WDL limited to 3 stations?

Dave

No…it’s 50 just like the standalone version.

Ahhh…I see the problem. MML Lite isn’t designedp to handle CWOP/APRSWXNet stations. What’s odd is that I thought I’d changed the station screen so that it wouldn’t display CWOP/APRS stations to MML Lite users. I need to check on what’s gone wrong there. If you select WD and METAR stations you’ll be able to display more stations.

Hmmm…my memory was correct, I did add that code. For some reason the default value being stored in the database is some form of blank (null, empty, space, ??) rather than the ‘N’ that I told it to put there. I’ve corrected your record for now, so you’ll only see the set of stations that you can display, but I need to put a proper fix in place for this.

Chris,

By a process of elimination, I surmised something similar.

I’ve fixed the problem now, so everyone will now see only those stations that their version of the software allows them to see.

You’re doing better than you think! I removed 4 of your 15 stations that were still CWOP stations you wouldn’t be able to display, so you now only have 11 stations selected. So you’re seeing data for 10 out of the 11.

Maps…depends what you want to display. Remember that you really need a Mercator projection map for MML, although for relatively small areas of the world between 50 deg N/S you might get away with a square projection.

The question is where can I get maps that are bounded by lat. & lon.? The ones I have see so far are really basic.

What’s with the descrepancy in the map size? the docummentation says 350 x 350 yet a 500 x 500 map was generated for me by Weather-Watch.

Dave

What's with the descrepancy in the map size?

The MML site will generate 500 x 500 but you can use the same map for MML lite as it will be automatically resized within the software. The aspect ratio is the same so there will be no distortion, the only downside is that the file size may be slightly larger than necessary.

Julian

Dave I made my early maps here:

http://www.aquarius.geomar.de/make_map.html

I just started with basic lats and longs and then got the area I wanted, then worked on suaring them up… Takes a bit of time but you can end up with a pretty decent map…

The other option would be the closest radar image to you…

If you want to try radar PM me and I will work with you see what we can put together…

-Bob

OK on the sizing. What’s the end size so I can present that size?

If you are creating your own map you want it to be as close to 350 X 350 (for MML Lite) as possible… I have some tools that let me mausure the actual px size of an image so i can tweak it, adding or removing a lil here and there LOL

-Bob

Just to confirm…

MML Lite wants 350350
Standalone MML wants 500

The maps are all resized to 500500 after they’re plotted (sometimes from a gigabyte or two of PostScript!), so I could create a 350350 version fairly easily in addition to the 500*500 version. I’ll add that to the wish-list.

No sooner wished than done…well OK it did take 24 hours! The map generator will now create maps in both 350350 (for MML Lite) and 500500 (for standalone MML) pixel sizes.

Chris,

I paid my $15.00 (well worth it). I have a 500 x 500 map on WDL-MML. I can resize it with PhotoShop or regenerate it with your process.

I take it barometric pressure is not available on the WDL-MML version?

It’s looking more and more like I may need the full MML version to provide the functionality I want.

Can the button on WDL point to the full MML vs. the lite version?

Dave

Dave,

The WDL button for MML will only (at this point, there is another thread about this) open MML Lite BUT if you have MML Full you can add a button in MML Lite that opens MMl full from there…

Clear as mud i am sure…

Go to my WDL page:
http://JaxWeather.net/flash/

Click the MesoMap button and you will see a second button in MMl Lite that if you press will take you to MML Full…

-Bob

Bob,

I think I saw that thread after I asked the question :oops:

Your solution looks workable. How did you add the button in MML Lite to take you to MML Full?

I made some adjustments in my map size to include sites in Mississippi & Panama City. The map looks funny as it’s not square. Do you have a formula for coming up with square coordinates?

Dave

This post addresses adding the Button within MML Lite that leads to your MML Full page…

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/86717

Hmmmm why do i have a craving for M&Ms all of a sudden… :wink:

-Bob