Changed ftp access

I just need to vent my spleen somewhere.

Last night I returned home from work about midnight to find that no weather data had been uploaded since 2:46. #-o

I did all the usual things, cursed Microsoft, cursed Weather Display cursed computers in general, then checked all the usual things, then rebooted two systems.
All this to no avail.

I then checked my ftp access and discovered that my charming hosts had changed my directory structure without so much as a bye your leave.
Not much wonder WDftp couldn’t find files to update, they weren’t there any more.

I fixed the problem (redirected WDftp), then asked why. I got the standard answer which directed me to the page with ftp access details, which is now actually incorrect because it does not include the new directory which they has so kindly slipped in above my existing directories.

There, I feel better now. 8O

After a bit of electronic tooing and froing :roll: I threatend to throw my toys out of the cot (or at least the ‘support’ person), they admitted that they had a problem which they would fix. :D/

It’s a pity that some support people are unable to read, because if they could, they would actually address the problem as described instead of trying to tell you to fix a problem that wasn’t even in the query. ](*,)

Update: No, they don’t have a problem, they have made some changes to their hosting and I need to change my ftp path - too late, I had already done that.
Have you ever noticed that communication companies are frequently very poor at communicating? :thebigsqueeze: