Allday video?

I’ve read all topics about this, did all setup settings
have map alldayvideo with encode.bat, WME9+
ticked produce every minute, but no video at all

do you have webcamimagejpeg.jpg time stamped files in the webfiles folder being produced?
tyr also ticking , in the first web cam setup screen, to create every minute , in the time stamped files setup, and make sure the switch is ON there too

Oeps can’t find that folder ! control panel / web files web page …?
but I have a webcamimagejpeg.jpg time stamped file in my wd/webfile, ticked that before I think for animatedwebcam but can’t find it there either.

tyr also ticking , in the first web cam setup screen, to create every minute , in the time stamped files setup, and make sure the switch is ON there too
I have ticked that and it's ON too

installed full version 10.30o
in the allvideomap I have now tempvideo.dat and the encode.bat and encode2.bat I allready had
cscript.exe is in windows\system32,
clickin on the bat-file generate a flash but no other action and to fast to see what error or not is showing

Am I on the right way now ?

almost got a YESSS!
When I don’t click to use the jpg file name time stamped files, it creates a mpg
at C:\DiskD\Wdisplay\alldayvideo\dayvideo.mpg

540 bitmaps written to D:\Wdisplay\alldayvideo\tempvideo.dat set of bitmaps sucessfully loaded. [WARNING] StoragePath= D:\Wdisplay\ Network drives or slow drives may produce high rate of dropped frames
that was before 0.00hrs

after midnight

what location do you have set the webcam image files to be saved to
i.e the filesave, in the direct web cam setup
?
try resetting that, for both the gif and jpg files

when I fill in the whole path I get this error (double ditpath) so the dir webfiles is ok:
[ERROR] cannot create directory: D:\Wdisplay\webfiles\D:\Wdisplay\webfiles

again:
after midnight get this error

loading bitmaps from D:\Wdisplay\alldayvideo\ [ERROR] sorry, there is no BMP or JPEG files in D:\Wdisplay\alldayvideo\ failed to load the set of bitmaps.

when I change it back to lets say 23hrs or before it samples the jpg without a bad word

8% : loading 1429jpgwebcam.jpg 99% : loading 1430jpgwebcam.jpg 99% : loading 1431jpgwebcam.jpg 99% : loading 1432jpgwebcam.jpg 99% : loading 1433jpgwebcam.jpg 100% : loading 1434jpgwebcam.jpg 100% : loading 1435jpgwebcam.jpg 394 bitmaps written to D:\Wdisplay\alldayvideo\tempvideo.dat set of bitmaps sucessfully loaded. [WARNING] StoragePath= D:\Wdisplay\ Network drives or slow drives may produce high rate of dropped frames.

still no wmv-file but that’s auto after sundown ?
I wait and watch it (3 hrs to go)

when I fill in the whole path I get this error (double ditpath) so the dir webfiles is ok: [ERROR] cannot create directory: D:\Wdisplay\webfiles\D:\Wdisplay\webfiles
you have a problem there with the location for the webcam files try reselecting the location of the web cam image in the first web cam setup also email me your settings so i can see what you have done wrong

have some mpg files now hour day all day etc
but no wmv
running the encodexxx.bat from the (dos!)prompt in d:\wdisplay\alldayvideo returns an
access denied (refused)

uh I have admin rights all over my own user account.
I can install programs, remove theme, do windows updates, etc no problem

access denied 8O 8O

Moviemaker doesn’t work with Win2000 #-o
end of exercise :roll:

Is there another possibility to built in a freeware converting prog for WIN2000
(like mpeg2wmv)

i have windows 2000
works OK for me
do you have windows media encoder installed?

you’re right Brian, Moviemaker works fine

Seemed to work better for me to have the script located and executed from the alldayvideo directory…YMMV.

why the c:\users\ed part?
as dan says , it should all be running from the one place…
what is and how is this d drive setup?
i think the problem is with how that is setup

Dan, Brian

it’s all in the allvideodirectory: cscript.exe , WMCmd.vbs and the bat files

about the D:\ drive : it’s a fake drive on my c:\ because Wdisplay was earlier installed on a physical D:\ drive
this fake drive has the same rights for users (me !) as C:
But I’ll check this out (but never had any restrictions before from wdisplay running scripts, etc)

Red something interesting about vbs scripts and viruses:

When a new VBScript (.vbs) virus appears, antivirus vendors need time to produce a new signature for it. I need even more time to update users' machines, especially traveling users' laptops. What methods can I use to protect users against .vbs viruses?

A .vbs virus such as VBS.LoveLetter is simply a .vbs script that the attacker sends as an email attachment. Despite warnings, users persist in opening attachments without thinking. When users open the .vbs attachment, Windows graciously executes the script because of the default file associations in Windows Explorer. By default, the open action for .vbs files is associated with WScript, the Windows Script Host (WSH).

Maybe ZoneAlarm or my McAfee what’s intervene here ! It looks like that : Toegang geweigerd ever seen before with virus checking

He hi

got cscript.exe running
it was prevented for executing by ZoneAlarm had to upgrade trusted level !!! :smiley: :smiley:
Ok now I can run the encodenew2.bat but:

input media format is invalid ??? running the bat with an existing file ***.mpg has same error
why in d:\wdisplay ?? all settings are d:\wdisplay\webfiles
can I force it to run making a alldayvideolastday.wmv file

what sort of web cam /drivers?
i know that my labtec web cam driver stuffs things up and causes a invalid media format for the mpg file

video blaster web cam Go, it’s n old one with sometimes ‘surprising’ drivers
but image quality is good/average (see http://home.hccnet.nl/e.heijtel/alldaywebpict.htm

I have Digital Media Converter 2.4

about that error quicktime_open (see above) : what has quicktime to do with it
DL quicktime7 and tried to open the mpg file with it but : error 2048 is no moviefile !! 8O

bought a Trust WB-3100 portable webcam and yessss Brian you were right