Main screen lables question

Any ideas on how to fix this labels corruption? It just started after updating to the new 10.30J w/debug.
Update: I figured it out…It must have been a glitch in the new screen resize, change, etc. routine. I used shift+left mouse and moved the indoor humidity lable back where it belongs. #-o

screen.jpg

hi
did you try the new customise the main screen?
(which i am still working on)
via, setup, extra/misc?
tick to do that, then use shift and left mouse to move that label to where its supposed to be
then save the settings via the button their (or under exit in an earlier revision)

I can move the problem lable (indoor humidity) back to where it belongs o.k… The trouble now is the change won’t save or “stick” even though I click the save button (via, setup, extra/misc screen resize etc. save changes button) or by WD’s main save/exit. Is the changed screen info supposed to get saved to wdisplay.ini? If so…when I look at it (wdisplay.ini) I don’t see that info added to it.

note that i have not got it all saving in my first release of that new function
but i will upload a fresh 10.30j zip now with the all the labels able to be moved and saved
i just now need to get all the graph info saved
the info gets saved to the registry settings, to avoid the wdisplay.ini getting too bloated

o.k…no hurry. It’s alright as long as I don’t shut down and restart WD. Whenever you can get to it is fine. :slight_smile: :wink:

I found a temporarary remedy. I deleted the reg key: main custom and restarted WD. All is fine now. :slight_smile:

and thats the other way
i am going to enable custom tags on the main screen, and custom images, so you can show current rain radar, sat image, etc
:wink:

Sounds great! 8)

!0.30j is a great refinement to WD display screen. At last I have got rid of my extra high/low temps and the ability to reduc and move labels is superb.
Thanks yet again Brian.

Not quite sure if I understand this.

I want to delete some of the current data, like indoor temp and humidity and then add my own custom tags.

Two problems;

How do I delete the existing fields?
Everytime I try to creat a new field it only creates it in the data received area and it can only be moved within that area, it just dissapears if I take it out of there.

Trevor

trevor, just resize something so small
you can make the whole screen bigger…bottom and right edge, so you can then place custom tags over to the right or down below, and place custom images there too

I have tried doing that, but every custom tag I create goes into the area with the data qaulity/time and will only move to the border of that, as soon as I try to go beyond it dissapears. I can’t move it to any of the other panels as it dissapears.

Also I can hide the indoor temp, for example, just by moving it to the edge of it’s frame, it then dissapears.

Can’t work out what I’m doing wrong. The tags seem easy to creat and work, but I just can’t move them.

works fine here
see

which particular one are you have trouble with?
custom label 1 works OK

make sure you always go back into the extra/misc setup and re click on save settings after making changes

Now I get it. :slight_smile:

What I wanted to do was remove the indoor temp and humidity and put my extra temps there. But it would appear that th tags can only be placed in the area under the main screen when in full screen mode. Is that right?

the problem is that objects are part of a groupbox
and you can put other things into that group box

but i could make more custom labels in that main conditions groupbox

That would be really good. :slight_smile:

Also custom label 6 will not work. Loses it’s content every time I close the screen.

i have (should have) fixed the bug with custom label 6,and i have added 3 more new ones (not yet to the current conditions area) in a new 10.30w ready now

Great, wIll I be able to download that in a acouple of hours?

Trevor

the fix for custom label 3 is there already, along with the 3 more added

for me to add more to the main readings area i have not done yet…maybe today…

Also is it possible to alter the scale of the extratemp3 being plotted as indoor temp on the main graph and change the displayed name. Scale is currently -100 (which it goes to every time I restart WD :x and 40 whereas -5 to 40, say, would be more than adequate and would show the subtle changes I expect better.