New Sub-forum

Really nice work. Great job! And totally free. Life is good.
Thank you.

Your timing couldn’t be better :smiley:

Thank you,

And of course it works.

Works like a charm!
Now to “play” with it a little!

http://www.sterlingrun.com/weather/wx3.html

He got it fixed.

Glad to see the template installs and works so smoothly!

Because you’re in NORTH Central PA and I’m in SOUTHERN Maryland… or maybe I forgot to set the upload times for the moon.gif?
–Dave

Very glad to see they’re so plug-n-play… that’s exactly what we’re looking for.

Hopefully this will become a resource area for those looking for templates and code related to custom tags.

I’ve always thought the true power of WD (on the Internet) lay in it’s custom tags. You can do really nice things with them. If we all start sharing that code, it makes designing different content as easy as copy/paste.

Hmmm, very nice indeed :smiley:

Any plans for a template that includes some kind of menu/tab system?

[quote author=nikoshepherd

Cool! I feel like a kid in a candy store (although my wife says I’m more like a 7-year old on Christmas Eve)! Never had a weather station… expecting delivery Friday. Never built a web site… and you’ve provided the “easy button.” And a nice looking one at that…

Thanks!
Mitch

Perfect

Took it for a test drive - very nice - should help a lot of folks get started with a website. A fantastic idea and good implementation. Nice job Tom.

http://weather.dcrooks.net/wx20.html

That is a really nice templete!
Now How do I install it? :wink:

The readme.doc included in the zip gives all the instructions for set-up.
–Dave

a big thankyou to Carterlake for all his hard work on this!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
(and others who helped him with feedback)
(have fun with that Boltek Carterlake)
and to Chris for creating the sub forum :slight_smile:
(dont forget to make a donation to Chris for hosting this forum if you like :slight_smile: )

I really thought there would be more interest in this…

This is a good thing - getting folks to make use of one more of the great features of WD.
This also integrates nicely with the recent addition of the WYSIWYG editor.

Well, I guess, so many features, so little time…

Looking forward to what CarterLake hints about a whole package including navigation.

Just saying thanks, and a bit of a thread bump

snowman, I think it works so well it doesn’t cause discussion.

I did play with it some. I replaced the radar image with my web cam image. It worked well. My problem is that when it gets dark all I have is a grainy blob. I’d like to be able to present something else at night. Don’t really want to have a caption saying if no picture it’s night.

I’ve been reading a book on CSS. It goes into what can be done but doesn’t give the overall picture. What I need is the whole picture. CSS and html, and info saying if you change this… this happens. I can really see the power of CSS. With only one change you can affect all the pages on you site.

I’m looking forward to the ‘site’ edition. I’d like to be able to have the navigation and be able to replace the forecast section w/ WDL, MML or whatever. Hint. Hint.

This was a great ‘gift’ from Tom.

–Dave

Thanks to all involved, My HTML skills are VERY limited :?
I’m going to have a play with this one tomorrow Thanks again :smiley:

I would also like to thank Tom. Nice stuff. He even helped me customize it a bit with current solar conditions.

http://www.larryaltshul.com/

Thanks Tom,

Very nice job – I am working on it now.

John