This is a good idea, what do you think?

i have come across a WYSIWYG html editor component
i.e you will be able to create a web site , right there in weather display, and it will generate the html code needed
and then with a click of a button, get that uploaded to your web site
and the beauty: be able to insert custom web page tags from a list, and then update them to get the tags replaced with a click of a button, to see what it would look like…
good iea?
drawback:will cost me 200$
but worth it i think
(donations appreciated, LOL)

Brian,

Certainly with all the help you have given me I would be happy to help. Let me know how?

if people think this would be a great addition (and I think it will), then a couple of dollars donation via paypal would be appreciated to cover the cost of purhcasing it (just paypal to [email protected])
(just to keep the wife happy when she reads the next VISA bill!)

$ on the way via paypal :wink:

great idea, look forward to it! :slight_smile:

Great idea !
$$ 's Sent

Brian,
I don’t have a paypal account, is there another method?

Ken

Sounds like it’s just what I need, Brian. Thanks

$s sent via PayPal…

cheers

Richie

Brian, you are selling a very sophisticated product at a extremely low price. WD far exceeds its competion for both features and incredible support. Have you considered raising your prices so that you are making some $$$s and will be able to buy upgrades without screwing up your budget? :sunny: Shorty

Hi
thanks for the great support guys!
I have emailed those who have sent me some $$
to be beta testers of what is available so far :wink:
(note the tool buttons top right hand corner on the tool bar for the custom tags…i.e click to show custom tag list, then select (highlight) the tag to use, then double click to have it inserted on the web page…and then click on the next along tool button to have that custom tag converted to its equivalent number so you can see what it looks like…instantly…then the next button along goes back to show the custom tags again so you can carry on working…real neat… :wink:
i am still to add to set times to create/upload the web page, and local/remote file name :slight_smile:

Shorty:
my problem is I am competing with free programs out there, like Free Wx and others

This is excellent Brian - couple $$ sent.
Looking forward to playing with this!

You mean I could be doing this for free!!???

Brian,

Checks in the (e)mail. Keep up the good work.

hi
have now added ability to set times to upload, and to select the files you have created, to upload
for those i have emailed, download a updated version from the same URL :slight_smile:

i did a very quick and simple test here:
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/testhtml.html
myself…i will see if i can conjure up something better :wink:

Hi Brian
Don’t know when I will find time to play with this but I have made small payment by internet
banking direct into your bank acc
You probably won’t see it until Thurs as I missed the cut off time for tonight.
Cheers
Leo

I won’t probably use it, but I can see a market for an affordable extension. Something like $10,- ?

added more features now, download from the same link emailed to you now

added ability to insert your own html code (see under insert) (but for some reason it is not kept if you make any changes afterwards…i will have to work on that)
se here how i added to show last hour web cam movie:
also added ability to set background web page colour and or background wall paper

also added one click button to upload the files now to your web site (i…e the files you have set up in the list already)

nearly ready for general release i think

Looking good - thanks for the background/font thing!
I noticed that when I hit “file > close” - it just closes the application totally - doesn’t just close your page.
Also, when ever I open the editor, the page I was working on is always there.
Is there a way to have “file > close” just close the file you are viewing, then start a new page?
Even if I save the page I am working on, I can’t get rid of it to work on another.

Just trying to help get the bugs out before you go live!

good idea about the close…
note that file, new, will start a new page…

i have now added ability to make a entered text a email to link
(i.e you type, click here to email me, then highlight that, then click on the mail box, then enter your email address , then hit return on the keyboard, and then vola
see mine
also got rid of that button i left there by mistake
try a new download again…now…

(and i will do that change you suggest snowman…then i think its ready for the masses)

Also, when ever I open the editor, the page I was working on is always there.
i think thats a very handy feature, myself :wink:

Looking good -
One thing I noticed - might be just me doing something wrong -
I am working on a page with black background, and gray font.
When working in a table, I have to select my font color for each cell - in other words the font seems to revert to black in every cell so I can’t see it.

Not a big deal - just like those color combinations. It is something easy enough to deal with.

I think folks will really like this feature.
I like it for a quick and dirty web page to throw up - I will like it for putting up a quick page about special conditions - like when we get a major rain event.