Any davis wlink users out there, as I now can get WD to piggy back on wlink data

now that i have figured out the data structure of the .wlk (binary) data weather link datafiles (which I have done so peole can easily convert the wlink data to WD’s data format ) :slight_smile:
this will mean exisitng weather link users can then run weather display (in stationless mode) at the same time, giving them all the power of weather display (including weather display live (would only give 1 minute update rate though)) and even MML…etc…

should be good me thinks

can someone email me to test this out
thanks
(and I will let you know when its ready to test)

Wow, good job Brian

i discovered wlink 5.1 has a different data format
( i will have to add option to use that older format (so that wmii users can still use it)
but i downloaded 5.6beta, and its working in weather display :slight_smile:
note, WD assumes a wlk file extension
and (i think) you need the graphs shown in weather link for the binary data file to be udated
so i can confirm myself its working
just not sure about rainfall yet…

to clairfy. one can have both on line, but have WD set to stationless, does it then pick up the weatherlink, continue to upload to the net from the weatherlink data? Hence on e could have both running ( talk about resources) and upload selections from both?

yes
(but wd will only get updates every minute, because that is only how fast wlink updates it data files)
pcweatherstation already does this

What will happen if it’s all restarted after a break = archive download.

well, I can give it a test drive as the weather is dull around here.

So… I go and set it to stationless, click the button that says to go to the wlk files and select the director or the 82005.wlk file. Then go to the station setting for the Davis and clck “none Selected?” and it should give me all the values that I normall would have with Wdisplay by itself?

yes, just select that wlk file

and then restart wd
to go back to direct, just untick that stationless setting
then retick the davis VP, i.e set the baud rate, etc

let me know how you go
i have tested it here and its works :slight_smile:
(wlink 5.6 beta)
is the extension of the wlink files by default .wlk?

yes, the extention is WLK and each file is per the month it is located.

just that i see in the options setup, you can change the file extension…

well… I have let it run a while and I am not impressed.

hi
note that its just for those users of weather link who do not want to stop using weather link all the time,…and want some the features available to them with weather display (like WDL, etc).Also note this is a BETA…
also note that the wlink data files only update every minute, and no faster…i cant do anything about that.
also I need to work a bit more on incorprating the exta sensors…they are in the file…,.,
if you could zip and email me yoru .wlk file i will have a look
also there is daily h/lo data in the file but i have not gone and dug that out yet…its only been out 1 day…the mod…

Brian:

What a frightening thought. Imagine…you’re sitting quietly working away at your PC and all of a sudden a crazed duck bursts out of your router and says “Hi. I’m an aardvark” :wink:

well, theoretically, it did happen… right in front of you eyes.

i have made more improvements to this now, should work better (did when I was testing)
in 10.27z :slight_smile:

Brian,

What enhancements does version z make for WL users?

Thanks,

John

Careful Duck season is around the corner :lol: :lol:
Coyote

when set to use wd from the .wlk file, it should now pick up all the extra details, and also pick up the high/low temperature’s too now