Can WxSim work on it's own?

I’m also interested in WxSim and WxSimate. But is that software once configured (for me here in Belgium, Europe), able to work on it’s own or is it necessary to regularly manually input whatever data’s.
Thanks all. :o

WXSim works by importing data from available metars etc and if you have WD then it imports WD data as well. This data always needs to be imported for every different forecasting period as it is dynamic. I guess you mean can you leave it to pump out forecasts with no manual intervention, well the answer to that is no, you need to import fresh data and then run it yourself for each forecast. This is mainly because there are so many variable and teaks you may need to add to get a valid forecast.

Stuart

Thanks a lot.
I’ll wait before buying the soft. I don’t want to become a slave. A computer is good for that task. :wink:

Hi,

Tom Ehrensperger (WXSIM’s author) here…

WXSIM cannot currently work on its own, though WXSIMATE has streamlined much of the data import, saving significant time. The thing to understand about it is that it is an interactive tool, meaning the user is thoroughly involved in the forecast process. On one hand, that makes the forecast a bit less objective and somewhat dependent on the user. On the other hand, you can learn a great deal from using it, and develop a sort of ‘relationship’ with the program which can produce really good forecasts - better than either the program or user alone could. Whether these are pros or cons depends on what you’re looking for.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Tom