Weather Report Email

I am having problems with the weather report e-mail. I have WD version 10.26s. It is uploading at the set times but I am not receiving anything when I check my e-mail. I have followed the WD operation manual “sending weather reports by Email”. I have a spam inspector program but have it disabled. Any suggestions to correct the problem?

A couple of things to check…

Since you are getting uploads it sounds as though you do have the Main Internet switch turned on.

Do you have “Setup - Control Panel - FTP/Internet setup - Data file upload/email” enabled?

Check that you have “Weather Report Email - Main ON” in the FTP/Internet setup and the proper settings set for your SMTP mail server.

Then look under “View - Averages/extreme Noaa style reports - Noaa reports / email reports / web uploads / print reports” and make sure you have “Email the NOAA report” daily enabled

You should be able to test the Daily NOAA report then from the last screen above.

If you still don’t get the report you may want to try another email address and see if it gets there…

I am not sure if there is anywhere that WD logs email related problems…

-Bob

Do you have your SMTP server info setup properly?

Control Pannel - > FTP Internet Setup → Weather Report Email

Center section about SMTP mail server.

Ok, I have double checked all of my settings from everyone’s suggestions but with negative results, although, I am not sure I really have things ticked that should be. I have tried another e-mail address but still get nothing. It might be helpful if someone could give me step by step instruction in each of the locations where it needs to be set up, as there seems to be several… #-o

Thanks
N0MEQ

Where are you located?

Krelvinaz, I am located in Omaha, NE…Thanks

[quote author=N0MEQ link=topic=10067.msg74084#msg74084 date=1121212647]
I have a spam inspector program but have it disabled.

McAfee has an option to block e-mails if there’s certain number per time unit being send by my PC . Had to disable it.

i have this problem too ? all my setting are right becaue when you Do TEST i get th e-mails of reprots but soon as i leave it alone it dont sent nothing up ? so why dose the test work but not on it own 8O

Can you make a screenshot of the configuration page and put it on this forum so we can have a look?

will do but my parter going to have a check on our setting first just in cases something blocking it
later on NO its all working fine ? #-o here is a screenshot

You don’t have a time selected to send the email. Top left box, set a time to send.

emailcap.PNG

it has now i set this at 16.58 still no e-mails ?? :roll:

weather2.jpg

Shouldn’t that be top right box?

Try delaeting all of your settings, and set up again in #2 setup.

I had a similar problem a while back, and that sorted it out.

Sorry I dont have anything in #2 setup ? only #1 setup ? i did clear this and rest it but the anyoing is it works on test #-o

1. The suggestion of iww is to delete everything in setup #1 and use setup #2 instead.

2. The test is -I guess- intended to see if you can e-mail. If you don’t say when it should e-mail, the programme doesn’t do anything.

3. Have you put a time at 6?

can you post a screen shot madmusic?

Only if your sending seperate emails…I think…

BTW, mine works with the settings I posted…

Here’s a screen shot of the other half of the settings…

if you squint, you can see whats under the black outs…

joke!
(actualy that does work with those blurred faces on tv a bit)