cloudy cloudy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Weather Station Siting & Setup Tips / Re: Extending Davis Sensors
« Last post by niko on Today at 08:16:07 PM »
Davis used to publish a spec for the solar accuracy with a cable extension, but it wasn't one that made much sense and they wouldn't/couldn't clarify it. FWIW it was "+-5% of full scale plus 45 W/m2 per 100'"  I think it's safe to say that extending the cable will degrade the accuracy, but in my experience up to 40' isn't a big deal. Beyond that I would be a bit nervous.

Despite the higher price than phone extension cable I would suggest using the Davis cable which reasonably low resistance, does stand up to UV quite well, and you can be sure it will not result in crossed connections.
Weather Station Siting & Setup Tips / Extending Davis Sensors
« Last post by N7XSQ on Today at 07:51:15 PM »
Extending the Solar/UV sensors was recommended to Bashy recently. I really don't want to chop the connector of a $300 UV sensor to splice in cable. I previously used telephone extensions with a LaCrosse, but the Arizona sun ate them up in nothing flat.

What are you guys using for the extension (as in cabling)?   
   Does anybody know how far you can extend the Solar/UV sensors?
   Will the Davis 4-conductor 40ft extension work plug and play?

Davis 6830 (Temperature/Humidity Sensor in a passive fars) comes with an attached 25ft cable, so the T/H sensor can be extended at least that far.  Has anybody extended it further?

Thank you for your support;
Steve

it is there already in the clientrawextra.txt
see the clientrawdescription.txt
WD Questions / Re: Sunshine duration calculation.
« Last post by Weather Display on Today at 07:44:38 PM »
yes I am sure
having seconds on estimated sunshine hours makes no sense
WD Questions / Re: Gonna ask for help
« Last post by Weather Display on Today at 07:43:42 PM »
I used to support the version 1 wind direction
but you are talking about like 15 years ago now
the version 3 station is supported though for wind direction, shame you do not have that
Brian Hamilton,

Is there any chance you could add sunshine hours to clientraw.txt so that it can be included in the latest version of the design template? Brian U has added a cell at the top to record sunshine hours, but at the moment it only works with cumulus as its not a value recorded in clientraw?

Paul
WD Questions / Re: Sunshine duration calculation.
« Last post by makada on Today at 07:28:11 PM »
sunshine hours are not reported with seconds
I am not going to be adding seconds to the estimated sunshine hours
are you sure Brian, would love to have my solar sensor using its high resolution...

Cheers,

Mark
Brian,

Thanks for making this update. I am all upgraded.

Paul
WD Questions / Re: Really basic bugs that I cannot solve
« Last post by Cliffb on Today at 07:24:28 PM »
ok camera settings in capture, the circled ones dont stick, and thats the video size i want to have

not had time to check other settings you suggested, but will do over the weekend

yes this is the latest as of last month anyway, full blank install no stuff imported

WD Questions / Re: Gonna ask for help
« Last post by fgcox1 on Today at 07:09:15 PM »
I downloaded and installed the latest WD but it is still the same. Is the Dallas1wirereader.exe a commercially sourced program or specially written. The reason I ask is I came across some info on the DS2407 indicating ab internal switch has to be activated in order for it to pass data. Thought that might be related to rom being detected but message saying no direction device.  Way over my head here so just thought I would mention it. Tnx     Fred
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
cumulus