APRS Data from Ultimeter 2100 (Raw Format Posted to findu.com)

Brian, after having my station remote for 12 hours now, I’m thinking the $ULTW format is the way to go due to the fact that I’m only going to be transmitting the data every 5 minutes. The !! format always transmits the current data at the time the sample was taken and there is a field for 1 minute wind speed average, but the $ULTW format has the wind speed peak over the last 5 minutes as field #1.

Without using the field for wind speed peak over the last 5 minutes, I could miss a lot of light wind activity and wind direction changes. Steve Dimse’s suggestion on using the !! is a good one if you are transmitting the data on a short interval. The Amateur community wouldn’t be happy if I tied up the frequency transmitting my weather data every 30 seconds (for example)

What are you thoughts? If I’m going to transmit the data at 5 minute intervals, I think we will get better useable data with the $ULTW format. Then again, if you support the !! format and the $ULTW formats, the user can then decide.

Now that I have the station at the site and live, I’m watching the data pretty close. 8O

mg NG7M