Verizon.net email problems

For the last couple of months a high percentage of emails sent to users at verizon.net are failing due to connection timeouts, e.g.

Feb 25 06:03:41 host postfix/smtp[17538]: connect to relay.verizon.net[206.46.232.11]: Connection timed out (port 25) Feb 25 06:03:41 host postfix/smtp[17538]: E323226AEDA: to=, relay=none, delay=295604, status=deferred (connect to relay.verizon.net[206.46.232.11]: Connection timed out)

If you are a Verizon user you might like to ask them why so many emails fail to get into their network. I’ve just done a Google search to see if there is any known reason for this happening and it seems to be a very common problem reported by other email server admins. Given that this has been going on for months, I think if I was a Verizon user then I might be looking for a new ISP now!

As far as I know the domain used to send emails from weather-watch.com isn’t flagged anywhere as a spam source and I’m not getting these errors from virtually every other ISP that mail is sent to, so I don’t believe the problem is at my end.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/21/verizon_class_action/

read all about it there

i am affected…people do not get my emails