Image above Thermometer not tracking weather (not changing)

www.bwsrh.com

subject says it all…checked my Metar settings in WD…seem to be OK
can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong…what to look for…
It happened back in 2013, followed Ken’s advice again but now won’t seem to work
Thanks
Steve

The WD icon in 15 Forecast Icon is Icon 34 (Stopped Raining)

What are your settings for WD, Control Panel, Summary Image/Icons and for Metar settings?

Hi Ken…here are the settings (see attached)

used ur http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-WD.php
for help as well…

Tnx

Steve

metar.JPG

OK it’s back, the image above the thermometer is showing rain but it’s actually sunny and clear. My next big issue is WD is reporting rain levels that are way off. Yesterday it says I had 39.49 inches…actually we had none…WD is also showing the rain icon for today…
I’m looking for the problem but would appreciate any advice as to what may be causing both these problems…
Thanks
Steve

I notice that if I restart WD, the restart shows the correct icon (sunshine) above the thermometer…however after about 30 seconds it reverts back to rain (wrong icon) a little bit longer and it switches to a cloud with a lightning bolt maybe 30 seconds more and we’re back to the rain icon…like it can’t make up its mind…non of this seems to impact the rain totals…they continue to stay off the charts
any ideas? Thanks

What WX station? And does it’s console show rain? Checked your webpage and it was showing almost 60" of rain for today…

As a test try turning off your stations rain/wind/fog overrides metar…

Hi Dan…station is a Davis Vantage pro…console shows 65" rain today
just turned off rain/wind/fog overrides metar…went out to check the rain gauge
all seemed OK just a slight amount of residue in the collector…

on top of the rain issue…the icon above the thermometer is wrong…as I mentioned
it cycles thru a changing icon about every 30 seconds…start out correct

Thanks Steve

Wow, something going on with the rain…I would take off the rain bucket and inspect the tipper, and the cable (both ends).

As for the icon, when I looked at your webpage it was displaying the lightning/rain icon. I checked all the metars on your site and none showed the same conditions. Thats why I suggested turning off the rain/wind/fog override to see if the icon would correctly follow the metar you have selected.

Have you looked at the metar text that is being used to set your icon? You should have selected a download directory for them on the metar setup page in WD.

so your actual weather station is reporting wrong rain…to WD…so that is why the icon is showing rain…
you might have a spider web holding the tipper in a certain position that is making the reed switch go off and on
or a crack in the reed switch

Today I’ll take some time to take a close look at the rain bucket, reed switch and tipper…may even be a good time to take it down for a major cleaning after a long winter. I turned off the rain/wind/fog overide. The metar is showing overcast (this is what shows in the metar.txt file in the download directory) and the web site is showing night/clear/dry (which is more accurate right now since it’s still nighttime). Just to make sure what I turned off is in the Metar Download tab of FTP/Internet setup. Is there a way to reset the rain totals to zero or should I just wait until April 1 and see what happens? Thanks for the help, if u hv any other ideas/suggestions please let me know. I’ll update as I learn more. Steve

you can reset the rain totals in WD via control panel , initial rain/offsets

tnx Brian…all at zero except storm total…talked to Davis…Vantage Pro 2 is going back for overhaul.
found it needed a new reed switch, aspirator fan has stopped working and one of the solar panels has quit…

looks like with shipping it could be out of service for a month…

short term i’ll look at stationless operation… tried a quick setup today but temp is not changing and other
data doesn’t match the metar I’m pointing to…will have to spend some time to see what I’m doing wrong…

appreciate ur help…tnx Steve