VP Data logger Problems

Hoping somebody can help me out here. I made the mistake in weatherlink of selecting in the communications USB, and didn’t heed the warning of potential third party software not function correctly. As a result, WD cannot receive real time data packets from the data logger.

After working on this problem by uninstalling, the reinstalling the drivers, followed by switching weather link to Serial communication port 4. WD (after the computer has been shut down) can extract history data from the data logger (Davis VP History Data Extraction), and for a short time WD will display a solid green data quality, followed by blinking green data received, but is unable to retrieve real time data packets (See attachments).

Here is a good link that I found online in regards to the VP data logger… Understanding USB logger modes - Davis Weather Stations Knowledgebase - 1

I feel that I’m on the trailing edge of this problem, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

Okay, so today I’ve made significant progress; but I’m not quite there… I booted up WD, and was able to retrieve data from the console from earlier this morning. I check the data bug info from control panel, and the com port 4 is connected OK. What is interesting is when I selected “offset, and initial rain totals” thru control panel, select sync time now WD screenshot is now able to display all values, and scroll the forecast, but WD is not able to receive data packets, and data quality is red. So following I have done to.

1. Updated the drivers
  2. Updated the console to the latest firmware 3.80
  3. Updated WD 10.37 build 83
  4. Rebooted the console, and WD

I’m running windows vista 32 bit, and I’m having no problems running WL, and VWS. I’m able to c/w the Davis console and change/sync time. If you look at the screenshot attachment after.JPG you will notice no temp display. However, if I reset daily extreme values, reset all. The temp will display correctly for a short time, then disappear.

Thanks
Bob

In the Davis setup screenshot in your previous post I see you have both “Rev B Datalogger” and “Not a Rev B Datalogger” checked. I don’t know if that confuses WD but it would confuse me. Unless you have a very, very, old Davis you certainly do have a Rev B logger. Best to restart WD after changing that setting, I would uncheck both, and then check Rev B.

Thanks Niko… I’ll change that, but what is weird I’ve change that, saved settings, but for whatever reason it defaulted back to that. I haven’t rebooted WD after changing that setting, so I’ll attempt that now.

Thanks

Bob

Thanks a million times over Niko!!! Problem fixed… I made the mistake of only deselecting the not rev b data logger, and saving. I didn’t think about deselecting both, then selecting rev B… Again thanks a million!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks

Bob