Reports Issue after New Year PC Lock Up

I was away from home over the New Year and at some point while I was away my Weather PC locked up and I wasn’t able to perform a reboot via TeamViewer so I had to wait until I got back on the 4th Jan.
Once the PC was rebooted it seemed to download all the data from the datalogger and has been running fine since.

The only thing I’ve noticed is that some of the monthly reports are corrupted and I can’t seem to get them to recreate with the correct data.

January2018.htm is fine with the exception of the daily rain amounts at the bottom of the page, these are showing dates from the day after the current day (you’ll see what I mean in a moment).

dailyreport.htm is only showing data from the day after the current day (today is the 16th and the report shows from the 17th to the 30th, tomorrow it will show from the 18th to the 30th) and is showing the same rain daily rain totals at the bottom of the page as January2018.htm. I’ve attached a text version so you can see what’s being produced.

dailynoaareport.htm & dailynoaareport12019.htm are both only showing the current day with no rain, ave wind, high wind, time of high wind or direction.
Again, I’ve attached a text version of the file below.

I have been through the log file and noticed that it didn’t download any data on the 2nd Jan between 12:45 and 21:55 from the datalogger.
There is also an issue with the rain amounts at about the same time. Between 12:40 and 12:45 the rain amount increases from 24.8mm to 25.4mm but the 21:55 amount is back to 24.8 again. I can deleted the 5 minutes of data from 12:40 if this could be causing the issue but thought I would leave it for now.

I have tried to recreate the reports by first converting log files to data files and then going to View > Averages/Extremes/NOAA Style Reports > Averages/Extremes or NOAA Style Reports > Update Whole Month Now without success. I did recreate the Web Ave/Ext page as well but that didn’t do anything either as that page is mostly correct.

So. after a long explanation which I hope makes sence, has anyone got any ideas about how to correct the reports?

Cheers,
Martin.

dailyreport.txt (6.32 KB)

dailynoaareport12018.txt (1.04 KB)

best thing would be to .zip and email me your logfile (for this month and last month)

Thanks Brian, email on it’s way. :wink:

its on my list of things to do :slight_smile:

Just to close this thread off for future readers;
Brian had a look at my log file and it extracted correctly at his end. It also did the same when I tried it on another PC.

I ran through the converting log files to data files a few more times and eventually it worked.
I haven’t found out what got corrupted or why it took several attempts over several weeks to get things working so all I can say if you have the same issue is “keep trying”. :wink: