Problem loading consolewd on Raspberry Pi 3

What I am saying is that all I can see is the script that is scrolling down the terminal screen. You have to read it as it is scrolling. I would have thought there would have been a console screen that displays what is being reported. Something similar to the screen on my Weather Display windows software, that’s stationary.

Dennis

I could create a program (graphical windows x based) that shows you the current data

It is not necessary to do that for me. I plan on using it headless anyway. I just thought it would be handy for auditing the data before sending it to Weather Underground etc.

One more question please. I have increased the size of my rain gauge from 4" to 8" to get it to report it in .01" increments. In doing this I had to put in an offset of .258. Can this be done in the configuration file and if so how do I do it.

Thanks for all your help.

Dennis

I would need to add this so that it could be added via the config file

Don’t worry about it right now. I’m not sure yet which way I’m will end up going. Is this the only version that will run on raspberry pi 3 or is there a more complete version that I can run.

Thanks for all your help Brian.

Dennsi

only version
(but consolewd can do a surprising a lot)

I have managed to get a Gui version of consolewd created and uploaded now for the raspberry pi 3
just run where consolewd is and make sure consolewd is set to create a clientraw.txt file
unzip:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdpi.bz2

I will give it a try today and let you know how I come out.

Thanks

Dennis

and I can add the rain offset if you want

I guess I don’t know how to execute the wdpi file. If I can get this running I would like to get the rain amount setup. The only other question I have can this be set up to report to weather underground quicker than every five minutes.

Dennis

you just run it
./wdpi
from where you have consolewd installed (i.e make sure you extract it to there)
or just double click on the execetuble icon

I am sorry but I’m at a total loss. If I run ‘/home/pi/consolewdfiles/ sudo ./consolewd’ I get the program to run in the terminal window.
If I look in the directory consolewefiles I see both consolewd and wdpi files.
If I run ‘/home/pi/consolewdfiles/sudo ./wdpi’ I get command not found

I also have no visible icon that i can double click on. If I double click on the file it brings it up in LibreOffice Writer.

Dennis

try
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdpi3.zip
instead

hello

I have been unable to get that file to work either. I am just not up enough on linux, yet anyway, to figure this out. I can’t get the file to execute as I do consolewd.

I think the program will be okay as it is, with the changes to the rain measurement. I can probably live with reporting to Weather Underground every five minutes.

I am working on getting the ftp settings correct so that I can report to the weather services. The settings on my Weather Display for windows don’t give me the settings that I need for the config file.

I am still working on it, hopefully will get it going today. I appreciate your help in trying to get this to work for me.

Dennis

I am still unable to get the config file setup to send the data to the services. I am running weather display on a windows 7 machine, version 10.3753 and was wondering if you could extract the information needed from that software to complete the config file for the raspberry pi.

I will continue to work on this, but only by a process of elimination.

Dennis

when you say services , what services exactly?

Sending to Weather Underground, CWOP and PWS.

you already have wunderground uploads working, yes?

just make sure to exit consolewd when you make the changes
e.g set to Y for so cwop uploads
and set your CWOP ID and lat/long (what are you entering for that?)

Yes I have Weather Underground, CWOP and PWS working on my Windows version. Everthing on that software is working perfectly. Is the linux software for the raspberry pi 3 that is killing me. Its loading the data to my raspberry pi but I can’t get it to send.

Dennis