start with windows

Running Win 10 Home with all updates with WD most recent version. After a Windows update about two weeks ago I noted that WD was not starting up with Windows. Checked WD and appropriate boxes checked two locations in program. Have not seen any new posts on this problem. Any ideas?

you might need to use task scheduler
there is a utube video on how to set that
(near the bottom)
http://www.weather-display.com/youtubevideos.php

you could try clicking on reset/set again though in WD

I’ve had similar troubles… I think I have them fixed now… I did 2 things.

1. It seems like some updates might break some of the registry based application startups, so I’m using a shortcut in the startup folder (use “Run” then “shell:startup”)

2. I’ve had some troubles where weather display doesn’t seem to run when all the other various startup applications are starting, so I’ve started using wdstartdelay.exe set to about a 90 second delay. That way everything else is up and running and then weather display starts. BTW, if you use the startup folder, don’t check the “run at startup” box in wdstartdelay.exe, or else you will end up with 2 instances running, at least until another update breaks that…

–Paul

You can also right click on the taskbar, open task manager, click the startup tab and check its enabled in there, also after doing the above methods, you can use the task manger to disable one of the WD’s if 2 ever startup