working IP cam, not working in WD

Try this:
Copy paste this in your webbrowser:

http://159.118.166.31:88/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=scatfus&pwd=mesav*8

I think you missing the *8 on the end of the password?

Yes, thanks Brian, fixed :smiley:

Nope.

SSDD. Maybe reboot the router? I’ve been hesitant because then I’m forced to redo the entire setup of the A/V receiver from scratch. But in my experience sometimes the ol’ off and on desperate measure actually works.

Also, not sure if it matters, but my PC is connected to the router wirelessly, not with a LAN cable. Works fine.

Maybe dismount the camera and bring it in and start from scratch there, as someone previously suggested, a factory reset? Also hesitant since it’s sending images to WeatherUnderground without problem every 15 minutes.

I’ve about run out of ideas so I appreciate the ones that keep coming.

I ran windows diagnostics, trying to sleuth the results, attached.

WinDiag1.JPG

Sorry im out of options at the moment.
You could reset the cam and start from there.
Theres a ip adress etc. written on the cam somewhere i think.

Previous suggestions were to use the PC address, but I’ve been trying both PC and camera IP addresses.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I will dismount the camera next month and start from scratch.

I haven’t been able to figure out the “online but isn’t responding to connection attempts” result. :scratch:

Cant you reset the camera in the foscam webapp?

does the IP camera tool connect to the camera and what does it show

Yes it works fine in the IP camera tool, which is the search tool, and the IPCam Client, but only in an old version of Firefox, not Chrome. Seems the plugins for the tool stopped working in newer Firefox.

It shows live video from the camera, screenshot attached here and in reply #18 of this thread also.

I believe I could, the attached screenshot shows both a factory reset button and a reboot button. Surely nothing could go wrong.

Before I did that I wish I could understand the result of the windows diagnostics showing the “online but isn’t responding to connection attempts” message. That message seems to imply that I have some sort of fundamental network problem, or my wirelessly-connected PC is the issue, and not the camera. Thoughts?

I would try a reboot before factory reset…obviously the cam is working if you see live video.

Hi
I have read through this thread again and downloaded the manual
the ip address 192.168.0.9 in the session status is the ip of the computer accessing the camera not the camera ip
you client software is using 192.168.0.3 and is giving you a picture, I assume you have made that a fixed ip in the camera, and that port forwarding is enabled for port 88 in your router.
I would try 192.168.0.3:88 instead of 192.168.0.9:88

Using http://192.168.0.3:88/videostream.cgi?user=scatfus&pwd=mesav*8 in a browser window doesn’t work (attached).

No, port forwarding is not enabled. Do I need that just to do what I’m trying to do, see my own camera on my own home-networked computer? My router instructions say “The SBG6782-AC can use port forwarding to provide services to Internet users outside the home”.

hankster 3.JPG

You miss the 8 in the link…
Yes you need to forward the port in the router…

As long as you put the port number in the URL and are on the same network you don’t need to port forward. Port forwarding is only needed if you are outside your home network and want to access devices on your home network.

Thanks hankster. What I thought.

Double check the Foscam IPClient again and make sure the IP hasn’t changed on the cam.

I swapped my cams today and WD won’t connect now either…not sure whats going on, this was all working…I had to change the IP and now WD just will not start the preview.

the version of wdwebcamcapture.exe has not changed in a year now