port connection problem - 2

I’m sorry, I deleted the post :oops:
I would like to upload pictures, but I do not know how.

pic1

pic2

is there difference?

I do not see any pictures?

I have the new linux version of WD working with the Irox now
I will upload a new version soon

I see pics, they show vv_weather has “/dev/usb/hiddev0” in the “tty to use” box

nothing needs to be entered in the usb tty to use, as its HID USB, ie do not try to open that port
the HID USB is opened auto

use the latest WD linux update and it should work now with an irox station (just select that station type in WD (and tick use direct)

re pictures
all I see is
pic1

pic2

must be a forum permissions thing

Strange :wink: I see them even if I’m not logged in (Chrome incognito window) so I don’t think it’s a forum thing. Maybe the hosting site is blocked, what happens if you try the url directly? http://prikachi.com/images/52/9218052w.png http://prikachi.com/images/53/9218053F.png

HTTP ERROR 404

Sorry for pictures problem. Meanwhile last version works with sudo privileges. I will try how it works without sudo privileges, with udev rules setup.

if you dont run as sudo then you will have a problem with the program also updating the settings files (wdisplay.ini and wdisplayftp.ini) in the /Documents/wdisplay/ folder
(permissions problem) that you will need to get around
what is the problem with running as sudo?

what is the problem with running as sudo?
There is no problem. I noticed that cannot retreive the data logger's informations. WD say "trying to open the USB port opening now USB port failed to open" That is from control panel/data logger

I have it working now with an Irox station
are you using the latest update?

Yes. I will try again

I tried again. it still does not work.
I’ve found a few more things.
when I choose a “wunderground api data” under “control panel/station type settings” and enter station ID - WD does not display the correct data,
and another thing - when I connect my pws and setup correct station type in “control panel/ station type settings”, main screen of WD shows correct data, but the data log file in view panel is empty

I have not enabled the WU api function in the linux version

the last part that the WD main screen shows correct data is the important part
it takes a couple of minutes of live data before the logfile would get updated (you can check the logfile direct, i.e in the logfiles folder,112017lg.txt)

what is the barometer reading on the weather station console, in WD?

the more information you can provide the better

The barometer readings of both (WD and pws console) are the same - in this case 1021,8 hPa.
When I checked the logfile 112017lg.tx direct, readings are there, but log file still does not show anything. I click on “Load this month/Year and Update”, but nothing.

I tried latest version. The logfile stiil not displayed anything, 112017lg.txt file is ok.

so WD is getting data OK, and displaying that OK on the main screen, and graphing that OK, and the 112017lg.txt file is updating OK
but view, logfile, is not working?
I will test/ceck that

got that working now in the latest update

Now it works. Thank you. You are great.
I’m thinking of switching to “WD”. Support is good.