Updated WD then no updates from Vue

I’m using version R 306 and want to upgrade to the latest version. I tried the update procedure a number of months ago but initially data is received from the station but then it stops. i tried again last night with version s 59 and the same thing happened. I am now back at version r 306 and everything is working fine.
I need the latest version in order to use the api to update meteotemplate.
Where should i start with the troubleshooting? I have a Davis Vantage Vue weather station and WD is on Win 7

Edit: Data can only be extracted manually from the logger and also on restart station type disappears so this has to be entered again.

Regards

any error under view, program event log?

Tried again for a fourth time and magically its now updating. the joys of computing :smiley:

I had to do a restart of WD today and my original problem has returned. No detection of my Vantage Vue when i use version S59. Could i copy the file that stores station data from version 306 and use that in s59?? Somehow the latest version is not detecting the vue and collecting data.

Nothing in the program event log either to shine a light on whats the issue.

do you happen to have a direct to serial (e.g desktop/power pc)
if so then make sure to be using the latest build 59 update

I updated to the latest version of build 59 and still the same issues. I’m back at version 306 again which is working fine. Obviously no Meteotemplate api option in that build so had to use the Meteohub plugin to update. Previous to 306 i did regular updates with no issues but then got a bit lazy i guess and had the if it isn’t broke don’t fix it mentality.

do you have a serial connection by any chance (i.e a desktop pc with direct serial)
the more information you can provide the better

I have a USB connection from the Vue to PC

that should be OK
try it again
then in WD under setup, advanced/misc, tick, log the raw data
and then let me know what shows under view, debug info

Hi Brian
Just this info in the debug log

Doing checking of time zone calculation
Daylight saving not in use
Loaded all time records

it should have information there about connecting to the com port. etc
what shows under view, program event log?

this Brian
error loading all time records Device “COM7” Open Error !!!
Access is denied

Edit: Fixed the problem, The inspeed vortex was on com7 so it was loading that first instead on the davis vue. I switched that off and everything loaded fine. Then added the inspeed :smiley:

so you mean the inspeed was set to the wrong port?
I need to have better error trapping around that (ie so that other things carry on)

No Brian the inspeed was set to the right port but on start the software was only connecting to the inspeed so no data was coming from the Vue. So i switched off the inspeed and restarted and all the Vue data came through. Then i just added the inspeed and all working fine.
It seems because the inspeed was connected to port 7 the software was thinking there is nothing else connected so wasn’t detecting the Vue.
This wasn’t an issue with version 306.