Temp Display Incorrect

I have a Davis Weather Monitor II that i have been using for years, recently i moved and got everything back up and running, it was all working perfectly for months then today i noticed that Weather Display is showing a temp thats about 25 degrees lower then what the console is showing.

Right now the console is showing 30.8F and WD is showing 5.7F, so its off 25.1 degrees!

I rebooted the console, the computer, cleared the weather logger connected to the console, restarted everything and the same result.

Any ideas how to get WD to match what the console shows? Is there an offset that i can set in the software to make up for the difference? I even plugged in a spare console and a different temp sensor and the same result, WD is still off that exact 25.1 degrees on the outdoor temp, everything else is fine.

which version /build?

10.37S Build 59

I just updated to it yesterday. I didn’t pay attention to what it was showing for temp versus the console before updating though, is the update what caused this issue maybe?

It took me a while to find my copy of the old Weatherlink software from Davis but i finally located it, then i found it wouldn’t run on a modern computer so i had to fire up a virtual machine of Windows 7 32bit, and the end result was that Weatherlink connected and downloaded data from the station and it is currently showing 30.6 degrees just like the console.

Then i went back to WeatherDisplay and connected and its showing 5.6 degrees currently. So there is still a 25 degree error! And its not the station because Weatherlink and the console both show the correct temp, so the problem appears to be with WeatherDisplay.

I went into the settings the best i could find was the temp offset which only has set values to choose from, the highest offset was 2.5 degrees, so that was no help. I also took my spare temp sensor and junction box since its hard to mess with the stuff outside on the roof and connected those to the console, then i verified what the display was showing by using a digital K-type thermocouple and a glass of warm water, then cold water, letting both the Davis sensor and the thermocouple sit in there for about a half hour, both of them tracked within .1 degrees of each other, i could add hot or cold water and watch them rise and fall, at the same time the temp in WeatherDisplay was going up and down as well but at a steady 25 degree variation.

So the problem is most definitely WeatherDisplay as i have tested and eliminated everything else.

which version were you using before?

It was an R revision, as to which build i couldn’t tell you, i don’t remember. I don’t think i have updated it though since this spring or last winter.

I dont have a WMII data logger here
but I will check the code to see if I can see what might be wrong

try a new .zip update of WD and then let me know what shows under view, debug info

Ok, i downloaded the zip file again, copied it over, restarted the computer for good measure, and run it again, temp still off by 25 degrees.

Debug info…

Doing checking of time zone calculation
Daylight saving in use
Loaded all time records
connected OK to com port 6
setting port speed 2400
Daylight saving in use
Normal daily resetting wind/temperature daily value , day: 28
Normal daily resetting rain daily value , day: 28 rain today 0.0 mm
Daylight saving in use
Daylight saving in use

Is there anyway i put in an offset of 25 degrees?? I know that doesn’t ultimately fix whatever is wrong, but for me that would be perfect and no issue. Another 24 hours of watching it has shown its still accurate just off 25 degrees. Temp goes up and down and tracks perfectly, add 25 degrees and my console and WD are the same, the station agrees with the weather station about a mile away at the airport also, so i just need WD to read 25 degrees higher and its perfect.

the fact no raw data shows up for the temperature tells me that WD thinks its a davis grow station
if you could .zip and email me your settings file wdisplay.ini
and also the file
rawultimeterdata.txt
from where WD is installed
after setting in WD:
setup, advanced/misc, tick, log the raw data

we will prevail

Ok, i did that, zipped the files, and emailed them over.

what is your console current temperature?

As of right now, 40.1 F, and WD is showing 15.1

I sent you en email

Got it, tried the test file, now WD is showing 20 degrees higher then the station.

I’m running Weatherlink for a while to keep an eye on it, so far the temp on Weatherlink matches the temp on the console.

I now realise you meant 25F and not 25C