Web page only uploads manually

I hope someone can help - I’ve spent 20+ hours trying to fix this and I’m out of ideas.

I’m trying to get my friend’s computer and station to upload to my web page. My computer is working great, so I tried matching his WD settings with my WD settings, but it’s not helping.

The computer in question was using an old version of WD. I upgraded it to WD 10.37S Build 58, using the update (not the new install). It’s using Windows 7. The firewall is disabled. WD is being run as an administrator.

The problem is WD is not updating or uploading any web files. I have it set to upload every 10 minutes, but nothing happens. I checked the FTP Log and the Program Event Log and it’s not showing WD is even making an attempt. In the Webfiles directory, none of the files are updating. The path is set correctly in the WD settings.

However, if I try doing a manual test, it updates and uploads the web files – Wxlocal, as well as all the other web files.

I tried to bypass the Custom Web Page Setup and go directly into the “Internet File Creation & Uploads” to force the Wxlocal, Wxlocal2 and Wxlocal3 to update. Same problem – it doesn’t attempt to update unless I manually click “Create Files Now”. But I’d rather use the basic Custom Web Page Setup anyway.

Why wouldn’t WD update the webfiles and upload on the set times automatically, but it works when I do it manually??

Also, when I do a manual test, the time in the HTML tag is showing incorrectly. For example, if the time is 13:00 (on the console, taskbar clock, and WD clock), the HTML file modification timestamp shows 13:00, but the HTML tag (on the actual web page) shows a completely different time from 15 or 20 minutes earlier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

is the main internet switch on?

Yes, main switch is on. Permanent connection is ticked. Use WD’s own FTP is ticked. Web Page Upload / Generation times are set.

For some reason, WD isn’t initiating the web page generation and upload until I manually force it. I set up the web page generation on 3 other computers and they’re all working perfectly. I tried matching the settings to those computers. It seems I have everything correct… but obviously I made a mistake somewhere.

The older version was from 2012. I upgraded to the most recent version using the “update”. Maybe I should’ve done a full install instead?

yes, try doing the full install update
as then you get all the files needed

also though if still no go, .zip and email me the settings files
also is WD actually getting live data?

No, WD is not getting live data. I do have my friend’s console and data logger hooked up to the computer (Davis Weather Wizard III), but all the sensors are on a tower at his house. The console doesn’t read any data itself (no indoor temp, etc.), so there is no data being transmitted to WD. However, the WD data lights are green and it’s still receiving.

I will try doing the full install and post back. Thank you!

that is the problem then
auto updates to web page etc only work if WD is getting live data
you can set WD to stationless mode (see in the weather station type)

That did the trick. I went into stationless mode and it began updating right away. I had no idea it wouldn’t update if the console wasn’t reading the sensors.

I don’t know how you even thought to ask that question, but great call. If you ever decide to retire, we’re all going to be lost.

I don't know how you even thought to ask that question
a couple of users have fallen into that trap :wink: