new version of WD linux , similar to WD Mac version

need some testers (e.g with a Davis station (and usb data logger)
64 bit Linux

released now
see on the download page

more improvements, and added support for weather flow station (also meteotemplate is supported)

I just downloaded it for testing purposes. I can start it OK, but after a few minutes it closes abruptly. I’m running Linux Mint 18.2. I have a Davis Vantage Vue with the USB datalogger. I am attaching the terminal output during two runs of the program.

Let me know what else you need.

Randy Loflin

wdisplay1.txt (39.6 KB)

wdisplay2.txt (11.1 KB)

those error reports are refering to WeatherD
but this new version is called weatherdisplay

are you sure you are running the new version?

I downloaded WeatherD64.tar.gz on a computer that has never had Weather Display installed. I extracted the folder to my home directory and followed the directions in the readme.txt file. Did I get the wrong file?

Randy

Randy you did indeed, you need the Linux version from the main download page, assuming that it that you are using a 64-bit installation.

Stuart

see
http://weather-display.com/files.php
and the link to the new linux version is right there

actually I see the file to download was missing for some reason
uploading it again now

[color=blue]Randy you did indeed, you need the Linux version from the main download page, assuming that it that you are using a 64-bit installation.

Stuart
[/color]

Stuart,

I tried that, but the linux GUI link is broken. Notice that it says 0 Mb, and the date is very old.
Weather Display For Linux 64 bit Desktop (e.g Ubuntu) v 10.37Linux Build 287
(make sure to read the readme.txt).
Version on 1 January 1970 - 01:00:00 0 MB Download

When I click on “Download”, this is what I get:

The document name you requested (/downloadfiles/weatherdisplay.tar.gz) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:

/downloadfiles/weatherdisplay.appx (common basename)
/downloadfiles/weatherdisplay.dmg (common basename)
/downloadfiles/weatherdisplay.exe (common basename)
/downloadfiles/weatherdisplay.zip (common basename) 

Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

Any suggestions?

Randy

uploading the file again now…
for some reason it was missing

try again now

OK, I got it now and it’s running. I just get the nag screen every minute. I’m going to have to search and find my registration number. I’ve registered twice, once for linux, long ago and once for the Mac version. Will either work for this new linux version?

Randy

actually I need to change that so that the Nag screen is only once
just email me the code shown when you click on the register menu

Done.

Randy

have sent you an email
let me know how you get on

there is an easy way to get WD to show in a browser window, live, on any device/OS, on the same LAN, too

I got your email. It is now running. I can upload to WeatherUnderground, but not to CWOP. Here is what the terminal says:

openjdk version “1.8.0_131”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-8u131-b11-2ubuntu1.16.04.3-b11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)
4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.66
sh: 1: ././croncwop: not found

I will wait to get everything running well before I try looking at it from browsers in other computers.

Randy

that looks like a bug with the path to the croncwop
try running croncwop from a terminal window

so what you think so far compared to the original WD linux version?

actually it looks like I had not included with the croncwop in the download files
I will fix that

OK. I will wait until there is an update to the download files for CWOP.

At this point I am still getting everything working. The program appears to be faster at updating. I like the looks, particularly the ability to change the size of the display. It is not so different, and I can find my way around with ease.

Randy

new update ready