Good news

I was offered a 40% discount email promo (that was valid for only 12 hours) and so I grabbed that opportunity to upgrade the compiler version I use
(still cost me 1800$)
so that I now can support Linux better
and also 64 bit OSX (which is coming out next year…WD Mac is only 32 bit and next year only 64 bit version of programs will run on the latest OSX version (from my understanding)
and also better support for the latest iOS versions etc
so the future of WD is better for the next couple of years :slight_smile:

That is good news, but 1800$ 8O

that is after a 40% discount 8O
which is why I was not updating prior to that discount
I did get a some donations to the future of WD cause recently so that has helped :slight_smile:

I think I’ll send an early Christmas present. :smiley:

thanks very much for the donation! :slight_smile:
the other good news is that I have finished potting up 8000 native plants for my 8 year planting project that I am embarking on
which took me 2 months
so now they just need to grow, to be planted next year ( I will need to find some help…e.g a 'Woofter" )
so in the mean time I have more spare time

Maybe I’ll send an early birthday present. (It’s MY birthday tomorrow, nothing to do with WD’s!)

That is what I heard as well about 64 bit apps. kind of sucks. But it is good to hear what you are doing. good man

IOS 11 does not allow 32 bit apps to work they require updating

the WDliveapp for iOS already has a 64 bit binary (has both 64 and 32 bit) in the bundle, so it should work currently?

Great news on the future of WD - cheers!

:smiley:

MikeyM

I managed to get linux 64 bit installed in a virtual box on my windows pc and managed to compile and run a hello world command line program
so in theory I should be able to compile a 64 bit version of the consolewd now

trying to also get OSX installed into a virtual box on my windows pc
not easy
but I think I will get there
then will be much easier to suppport the Mac version of WD :wink:

I got OSX running in virtual box and I was able to deploy WD mac to that, so really cool
having trouble getting OSX to grab the davis USB though (I have added it as a filter)

I’m curious how you installed the OSX into a VirtualBox… :wink:

google :slight_smile:

OK, have made progress with the usb on osx on virtual box (OSX 10.11)
it turned out it was wincap
I un installed that
now the hardware (the Davis USB Uart bridge) shows up in OSX hardware
but the davis silicon labs driver (latest version) is not picking it up

googling, there might be a problem with OSX 10.11
I cant seem to update to 10.16 (problem with identifying the mac, probably because its running in virtual box)

I have been able to compile consolewd for linux or 64 bit now (using my virtual box)
one problem is that I cant seem to get the usb for the davis station driver mounted
(similar problem to on OSX I have)

so though need someone with a proper linux 64 box to test

actually it is working, the usb port, on linux
I forgot i needed to run consolewd as sudo :slight_smile:

64 bit version of consoledwd now available
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/consolewd64desktop.tar.gz

Now I want to create a new gui version of WD for linux (64 bit) :slight_smile:

and I have been able to get data from my Davis station into a simple GUI program running on the virtual box in linux via the updated compiler :slight_smile: