Some tags not converting correctly

I am using 10.37S57 of WD. While creating an HTML file using the WD tags, I noticed there are a few tags which are showing up as solid black diamonds on HTML instead of the degree sign.

The tags creating the problem are:

%tempchange24hour% - Temp change last 24 hours
%maxtempyrago% - High temp 1 year ago
%maxtempyrago% - Low temp 1 year ago
%dewchange24hour% - Dew change last 24 hours

The attached screenshot is part of the web page where it shows it didn’t convert properly.

Hi, it will most likely be the character set encoding of the webpage HTML on your server causing the issue, if it isn’t already try setting the charset of the webpage to UTF-8 in the header.
Otherwise, I don’t know if those tags automatically add the degree F or you have had to manually code them. If manually coded, type ° to display the degree sign properly.

Many users turn off units in tags and manage the units display themselves in the page code.

Control Panel > Web Files/Web Page > Custom webpage setup

Uncheck the checkbox for “Include the units used”

It seems WD is only causing a problem generating the degree symbol with those few tags - the rest work great. Thank you both for the advice… I’m going to do as you suggested, strip the units from WD, and manually insert the units throughout my HTML code. Good idea.

This is definitely a bug with the WD software. In the WD settings, I stripped the units from the HTML tag output. Some tags still continue using the units but it works properly.

However, the tags %maxtempyrago% and %maxtempyrago% still output a black diamond where the degree symbol should be, along with an “F”.

its not a bug but as designed
the problem is, tags like %maxtempyrago%, get the data from the view, trends page, in WD
which has a degree symbol
if you fix your web page character settings to show degree symbols,then that will be a solution

For some reason, the charset UTF-8 did not resolve the issue. I ended up having to code my charset as “iso-8859-1” and that resolved the problem. Thank you!