Getting Historical Data with WeatherFlow

Brain,

Just talked to the guys at WeatherFlow and they say you can request past data from the WeatherFlow servers via the REST interface. Could this be implemented?

I’ve had WD flatline a couple of times and it would be nice to be able to fill in the data that was missed.

Thanks!

should be possible
they are sending me a unit, so that will make it much easier to work on that
was there a lost internet connection or similar re the flat line , or?

I am currently getting data over UDP and it will flatline maybe every 2 weeks or so. Not sure what is causing it, doesn’t appear that that there was any power loss. Restarting WD fixes it. I have a second WD running getting data from a Davis unit and it doesn’t flatline. Once you get a chance to get the historical data thing figured out let me know and I’ll test it.

what I need to do then maybe is force a reset/re connection of the UDP connection when flat line is detected?

That might help, wouldn’t know unless it is tried. Don’t know much about how this stuff works :slight_smile:

when the data flow next stops, see if there is any error under view, program event log
and see if going into the weather station type and resetting the station type gets the data flowing again
as a test

Will do the next time it happens.

It flatlined again, this is the error in the program event log (or something like this as I forgot to copy the exact wording) :frowning:

Error: Read past end of file

Resetting the station type didn’t help.

ah
what I will need to do is to get you a debug version that will hopefully pin point where in the code that error is occuring
there is some clues in the errors, something to do with a file…

Happened again, here is the error message

ERROR: Read beyond end of file System.SysUtils at time/date 18:51:16:469 10/20/2017

it might be the lightninglog.txt
try deleting that (either in the logfiles or web files)

i.e that logfile might be very large

The ightninglog.txt file was only about 1K in size (not much lightning lately). WD kept flatlining immediately, I had to reboot the computer to get it to run correctly again.

On that note, I did go back and download the past 3 days data from the hub, worked flawlessly and it was fast downloading!

so its not that file that is the problem
I do use a shared memory address to get the data from the cronweatherflow program
I wonder if that is the cause of the problem
i could change the way I do that

try a new .zip update…new way of getting data (new cronweather program and new WD update)

Updated. I’ll report back if there are any issues.