Wasting a lot of time with WML

Hi, I cannot believe I have just spent $60 USD and 6 hours trying to get software to work that is obviously out of date and has absolutely no support. I am referring to WML full subscription. Bought and paid for today. Receipt given, account opened, software downloaded, instructions followed and all I get is ‘Incorrect serial number for my domain’. And yes I am using the same domain as registered with MML. If that was not bad enough and being reasonably patient I tried posting a message on here, but at the top of the page it states, 'all posts for WML are to be addressed through Bug Tracker. All well and good, or at least one might think it was as simple as clicking the link, but sadly all this does is transfer me to another login page that won’t let me login using this forums credentials nor is there an opportunity to register. Can anyone please advise if WML (MML) still exists, how do I get help sorting my ‘Incorrect Serial Number’ issue, have I been conned out of $60?

Thank you.

Gary

I have contacted the administrator (he is in the UK) he should get back to you shortly.

Hi Niko,

I had emailed the administrator earlier, but waiting for reply.

Many thanks.

Gary

Sorry, missed that…

Gary

Please give me a chance to respond before you shout about there being no support. Your first message to me was at 9:11pm on a Saturday evening and by 9:30pm you’re saying there’s no support available. As it’s now 1:30am I hope you don’t mind me saying that I’ll look into your problem later this (Sunday) morning?

Thanks,
Chris

Please try again. Something seems to have gone wrong with your account registration. When you entered your web site address it got picked up without the http:// for some reason and that didn’t properly set up your registered domain. I’ve fixed that so hopefully your copy of WML will work now. It’s possible that other configuration things may not have happened properly after the first issue with the web site URL, but if it still didn’t work please let me know and I will investigate further once I’ve had some sleep.

Good morning Chris,

Apologies for being a bit tetchy, but my frustration has been growing. I bought a new weather station from the weathershop UK back in May this year, at the same time I ordered WDL and WML from them (I thought easy option). The station arrived in June and WDL some days later. Since then I have contently asked them for WML software and serial number, but only excuses that they could not get a response from the software writer. I asked for a refund last Monday, which they promised to do, but still not rived. (https://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/accessories/software?p=2) On purchasing a direct subscription yesterday I spent in excess of 6 hours trying to configure WML and then not being able to connect to the ‘Bug Tracker’ in the forum (As advised) made me think that WML no longer existed.

Moving on (positively) and thank you for responding, My account interface now has some extra components namely, ‘New Users Start Here’ and ‘Serial Number’. Unfortunately after starting 100% afresh; new software download, deleting previous maps, deleting all webfiles, editing the index.html file (pathToWmlconfig) and using the ‘New User Guid’ I still get ‘Incorrect serial number for my domain’. I have checked every thing carefully and retried several times, but with no success. (I am not linking to WDL. I am running WML on a different PC.)

Indecently, The Evaluation Mode does load, but only the map, no stations.

Thank you again.

Gary

I’m not sure what Weathershop UK mean about being unable to contact the software author. That’s me and the last email I got from them was July 2016, so they know my email address, but I’ve not had anything since then.

I should remove Bug Tracker. It is technically still in use but requires it’s own password these days. WML is pretty stable though so the Bug Tracker probably hasn’t been used in a couple of years. Sorry that it confused things even further.

I’m not sure why your installation isn’t working, but whatever’s wrong cab be fixed. Rather than debug in the forum I’ll reply to your email so you have my email address and we can work on it by email.

Just for completion…this problem has now been resolved without the need for duel of throwing haggis and black puddings at each other :wink:

its a shame that you have to post that instead of the author of the thread

Hi everyone,

There are times when frustration takes over common sense and manners, and I was frustrated, however I cannot apologise enough to Chris. After only a few email exchanges and a very minor adjustments by Chris my problems were sorted and everything is running well.

Gary

Gary,

It takes someone with some character to admit they made a mistake. Well done! =D>