So you think you can fly a drone?

Almost certainly illegal, don’t try this at home or anywhere else :roll: I wondered if he would attempt the move around 3:20 8O

Cant believe he captured his face or didnt edit it out :o

The saddest thing is that the overhelming number of comments were in praise of this idiot. The remainder quite right emphasised how such idiotic flying would harm those of us who drone safely. Thank you for highlighting it though.

The comments on the “interesting videos” site where I saw this were generally negative. Clearly the guy is a very skilled flier but he’s also a [insert expletive of choice] idiot.

The international airport here in Prague had to redirect all flights to the secondary runway temporarily two times last week because of a drone close to the runway.

very skillfull for sure, you got to admire that!, and amazing how it still got a signal like inside a carriage
and also really long distance

My thoughts exactly. The worst thing that could have happened, outside of irritating the engineer, would have been the lose of a tiny (expensive) drone.

yeah, very little chance of a derailment surely

I’m not thinking it was such a “tiny” drone, and could have gone through the train’s windshield. I think the best that can be said is “he got away with it”, the next guy who tries this may not be so lucky.

He apparently is one of those people who will tear down a ski hill between less skilled skiers to show how good he is, and endanger them.

Or he will change lanes back and forth across 3 or 4 during rush hour to gain a car length, and in the process slow down everyone else.

To encourage this yahoo to continue and to think his talents are worth it is sad.

In some ways I feel a lot of sympathy for the soulless drone. In some ways it is like Cassini, being told to do things, with no feedback to the owner. In the case of Cassini, the ‘owners’ knew they were sending it to its demise, but had been an exceptional servant, with no other choice and some bad choices that may have interfered with moons that couldn’t be counted upon to incinerate it during its final moments.

With this drone, its owner could have caused a perfectly good and expensive machine to be ruined for no good reason, either colliding with a bridge, or being thrown out of control over the cooling fans on the engines (yeah, those big round things that pull air over the diesels) or worse into the engineer’s windscreen (which can take a pheasant or prairie chicken at 100 mph).

This idiot is thinking he is so cool, but is giving legit drone users and others who enjoy their new abilities a bad name.

What are the chances that the bearded one uses 5 milliwatt green lasers to try to get the attention of airline pilots on final approach?

Stupid.

Why don’t you say what you really think? :slight_smile:

(BTW, I agree with you!)

My wife has subtly informed me I was having a bad day, and maybe got up on the wrong side of the bed…

As an old fart one occasionally takes it as license to say what one thinks.

I’ll try to be more like Thumper in Bambi movie and remember if you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothin’ at all.

On the other hand that creep deserved it.
Come on, grin. Dale