Wunderground webcam stopped uploading

Mine is still NOT working

It seems that have been getting my webcam image OK because they are showing all the videos for this month, but they seem to not been showing the webcam image, so WD has been uploading the webcam image OK, it is a wounder ground thing.
teal.

When I start the FTP webcam upload in WD, the wd ftp icons just keep building up in my system tray as if there is no connection to the ftp servers. It keep trying every minute and after 30 minutes there’s 30 little icons in my system tray eating up memory. There’s no end to it. I did NOT see this prior to updating WD to the latest version.

I just submitted a new URL webcam upload to WU for approval and see where that goes.

can you send a screen shot of what you are seeing (re the ftp icon)

These appear each minute when I turn on the ftp switch in WU webcam screen in WD. I have to manually end each process to get rid of them. To me, these look like failed server login attempts that never time out.

Capture2.PNG

the ftpupd.exe is now not used to send the image to wunderground
make sure you are using the latest version of that
use the full install of WD to make sure you get all the updated .exe file (i.e including the cronwuwebcam.exe)
(exit those running .exes first in task manager)

Hi…I downloaded and installed the version shown in the screen shot. Is this the full version?

2014-09-28 10.10.09.jpg

yes
if you could .zip and email me your settings files then I can test/check to see what is happening
what is the modified date/time on the ftpupd.exe file that you have

Ok…here’s a screen shot of the ftpupd.exe properties I’m having trouble locating a “settings” file. Can you give me a filename/location? Thanks.

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/72808 is a FAQ that tells you which files Brian needs and how to send them to him.

• Jim

Thanks for the heads up. That thread looks familiar. :slight_smile:

this has been resolved

Looks like my cam stopped uploading to WU again. Or at least WU is not accepting the uploads…whichever. Can anyone confirm if the FTP webcam uploads are working on WU? I suspect it’s problems with WU?

Hi, yes still working here OK.

teal.

Hmmm…My cam quit uploading at 230am sunday. I shut down WD and restarted computer. I shut down my firewall to no avail. It was working for a couple of days after updating WD last week and quits at 230 am? I was in bed so I can eliminate an ID10T error.

what shows in the sentwuwebcam.txt file

what does the add webcam page show on your wunderground site say, active or awaiting approval this can take up to 48 hrs after the smallest alteration to take effect.

Here’s the contents of the text file…I edited out the password.

Connecting to FTP server.
OK
Connected.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 427 of 10000 allowed.
220-Local time is now 21:42. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
USER jdjeff58CAM2
331 User jdjeff58CAM2 OK. Password required
PASS R***********1
230-OK. Current directory is /
230-0 files used (0%) - authorized: 100 files
230 0 Kbytes used (0%) - authorized: 1024 Kb
TYPE I
200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
CWD /
250 OK. Current directory is /
Uploading C:\wdisplay\webfiles\webcam\jpgwebcam.jpg
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (52,36,136,128,171,218)
STOR image.jpg
150 Accepted data connection
226-1 files used (1%) - authorized: 100 files
226-94 Kbytes used (9%) - authorized: 1024 Kb
226-File successfully transferred
226 0.479 seconds (measured here), 197.96 Kbytes per second
QUIT
221-Goodbye. You uploaded 95 and downloaded 0 kbytes.
221 Logout.
OK
Disconnected.

Under the cam in question it says active = NO. I’ve been checking nearby stations and their webcams are showing offline also. The webcam map in my area is always pretty full of webcams. It has been pretty sparse lately. I think there is something going on at WU.

the log looks OK
I think wunderground must be having problems again