Wunderground webcam stopped uploading

I know wunderground was bouncing back and forth from a new look and the old look. Is there a new server address I wonder?

its updating OK for me
https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/grahamsbeachweather/1/show.html

the upload is done by the cronwuwebcam.exe program
(which has not been updated since march last year)
maybe your antivirus or firewall is blocking that

what shows in the file
sentwuwebcamdata.txt

I see that. However mine isn’t as well as the webpage for THEM has changed in my case https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ia/des-moines/KIADESMI1 IF I did, I can see the old page, but the choices are as well. I posted on their facebook page just asking them to explain what is happening. anyway, for me it is just a pain in the tush.

Maybe someone will discover what they are up to . I looked for a phone number and didn’t find one, yet they must have one… I shall sleuth it out. :slight_smile:

I can only find a txt file called sentwurapiddata.txt
My firewall is turned off.

If I turn off the webcam switch in WD, the little WD FTP icons stop collecting in the system tray. It looks like WD can’t log in to the server and the the WD FTP hangs and starts a new ftp cycle and repeats.
This looks like a log in issue. This instruction is on the WU webcam setup page: You’ll need to set your camera to upload to: “webcam.wunderground.com

This issue seems to have started with the new website format.

that is the server that cronwuwebcam.exe logs into

it is working OK here

the best thing is to .zip and email me your settings files

Hi, mine is not showing as well, I have tried to contact them about some data not up dating a few weeks ago that can be seen here but never got a reply them, they seem to be in a bit of a mess.

teal.

there does seem to be alot of reports of WU having problems with the web cam
the cron program should be able to handle any error gracefully though
which is why I need a copy of your settings files to test/check here

Hi, here are my settings, having a look at the wunderground map there are very few webcam images showing, I think they have changed some think some where.

teal.

Attachment deleted by moderator for security reasons.

Last night I started sending pictures from a different weather and this morning, all of my web pictures and settings are gone off the WU page. So … Since they are located in San Francisco, I am going to give them a call a bit later to see if I can reachout to a human and get some answers.

I have been grabbing my Bloomsky pictures that Iam sending to WU and putting them directly on my web page, I don’t want to go in and change the templates until I know for sure if this is a temporary thing or permanent.

@teal
never post your settings files on a public forum
I did say to email them
but I was actually wanting to get jdjeff’s settings anyway, since he has the problem with the con program not handling the wunderground issue very well

the problem is with WeatherUnderground. I tried their phone numbers and they are not in service. Then I looked for web cams. What they have done is remove all of ours and then have put in the traffic cams and a few other companies as embedded images. I am pretty much under the assumption that they do not want to be contacted, they do not want webcams from the pws people.

The really tragic thing is that they didn’t notify us before hand that they were going to be doing that. They have discontinued several of their services and from the users of their site, the redesign has some services gone . So perhaps we should really just sit back and wait. Since they sold out to The Weather Company, perhaps the new owners are cutting costs

We always can upload images to our websites instead and perhaps that isn’t a half bad idea.

I just realised mine is still working because I have set up in my WU account for them to get my image from my web page (where WD uploads the image too)
so I will do a test here using my own WU settings and see about getting the cron program to handle WU being down better
it might be that they now need that it has to be secure ftp i wonder, or just that their ftp web cam server is down

OK, in testing here
the cron program runs and closes with no error
in the log file I get
Connecting to FTP server.
OK
Connected.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 400 of 400 allowed.
220-Local time is now 20:16. Server port: 21.
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
TYPE I
200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
CWD /
530 You aren’t logged in
141: FTP protocol error: 530 You aren’t logged in
QUIT
221-Goodbye. You uploaded 0 and downloaded 0 kbytes.
OK
Disconnected.
221 Logout.

they might have fixed it
try again now

Hi, sorry about that, I was not thinking I just attached it as I would normally do.

teal.

I wrote Dr. Bob Hensen this morning and received this afternoon, “Our FTP servers were down but now they are back. Should be working A-OK now.” I asked him the next time these thing happen, would they please post somewhere that this happening. Mine is up and running now.

Yep just checked mine, it is working OK now.

teal.

Mine is still NOT working

It seems that have been getting my webcam image OK because they are showing all the videos for this month, but they seem to not been showing the webcam image, so WD has been uploading the webcam image OK, it is a wounder ground thing.
teal.

When I start the FTP webcam upload in WD, the wd ftp icons just keep building up in my system tray as if there is no connection to the ftp servers. It keep trying every minute and after 30 minutes there’s 30 little icons in my system tray eating up memory. There’s no end to it. I did NOT see this prior to updating WD to the latest version.

I just submitted a new URL webcam upload to WU for approval and see where that goes.