Re: Support this site by NOT buying from Amazon

I have removed all references to the Amazon affiliates program. They say I’m in violation of their Operating Agreement because I provide a link to Amazon rather than links from specific products on the forum to the equivalent products on the Amazon Web site. I can’t see where it says you can’t do this in the agreement but I don’t have the time available to argue the point with their reps who just say I’m in violation without pointing me at exactly what I’m violating.

Apparently it’s not OK to make small amounts of money by encouraging people to buy from Amazon if that money is goes towards supporting a forum which is completely free for access by any and all users, as it always has been. So I’m not going to encourage you any longer. Please try to find alternative suppliers for products. I won’t make small amounts of money if you do but then I won’t make any money if they terminate my Associate account :angry::angry:

The only alternative is for me to post adverts of specific items for sale on Amazon that you might like to buy. The forum has always been free of adverts for registered users so I don’t want to foist that on you. Of course if you’d like adverts on the forum just let me know :wink:

Well, that sucks :frowning: They must have changed it quite some time ago to require product links. Our favorite doggy rescue used to do it your way but had to switch to the Amazon smile program for non-profits. By comparison the smile commission is trivial, 0.5% :roll:

I have Amazon links that don’t link to products. Mine are ambiguous, such as “outdoor products” which is the same as having no link to a product. I used to like the days when I could use my own links to buy from Amazon. They stopped that a long time ago.