1and1 Hosting with Real Time Client FTP

Hi Guys

This is more of a heads up for 1and1 hosting customers as it looks like they have changed something else regarding FTP access.

I have had WD Real Time Client FTP configured to re-login every 30mins for a long time now and hasn’t ever been an issue. It must of been about the 26/08/2017 that it just stopped uploading. After a week of restarting it always resulted in it stopping with the following being where things halted:
SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:05:13 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp - >customclientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:05:13 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:05:28 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp - >customclientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:05:28 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:05:43 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp - >customclientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:05:43 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:05:58 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp - >customclientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:05:58 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp - >clientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:06:14 SFTP Uploading c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp - >customclientraw.txt c:\wdisplay\webfiles\customclientraw.txttemp uploaded ok 20:06:14 Logging off from server 20:06:29 OK

If I changed the re-login period to 5 or 15mins the same issue persists. In which it usually halts (although not always) on the first time re-login.
If I check the ‘Restart instead of re-login’ option it seems to work for me - Hopefully this may help other 1and1 users if they encounter this issue.

I would be interested to know why and what 1and1 have changed…

I had the same problem on 1and1… Brian updated the realtimeclient ftp to version 9.8 here… it fixed my issues…

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/clientrawrealtimeftp.zip

Also make sure your using your new host name, its no longer your domain name or an IP address.

Yeah I changed my server details last week when 1and1 decided to change that after years of being my domain!

This issue seems to be subtly different and I am guessing its 1and1 again but not 100% sure what it is #-o

Are you running version 9.8 of the clientraw program?

My 1&1 Weather website stopped working at 0250 on 4th August whilst I was away on holiday after many years of working perfectly and I couldn’t log into the account via Filezilla to see what was wrong. Eventually I worked out that I needed to change my login from the domain name which it had been for years, to an obscure server name I found on my account page. That seemed to fix it although I changed my WD settings to SFTP at the same time. Any idea if I needed to do both? Its working fine now & has been for a few weeks.
Its odd that 1&1 don’t inform us of these changes 8O or am I missing something?
Gareth

They did inform us over a year ago. They said they were changing everyone to sftp in stages.

I am running v9.9.
What is your config - re-login or restart?

No I don’t think you are because I had exactly the same experience i.e. the changes came as a surprise. I recently checked my account settings and all my communication options were disabled which potentially explains why these technical changes were not announced. The thing is I would never of disabled all these and would of kept email communication as a minimum!

Their FTP has changed to SFTP and to port 22 not 21. Took me a while to work that one out :slight_smile:

Yeah that caught me out too a few months back - this SFTP change to restart the FTP Realtime Client is more recent but I have no idea why…