Testtags upload issues

I’ll keep playing with that although I cannot seem to locate a “correct size” for the boxes in question. Is there a “default” size someplace (WDISPLAY.ini or elsewhere) I can check and make sure they are set to or edit to resize that?

My webcam image refuses to upload. I can force an upload one time with the test. Timestamped files are being created 2 per minute… one calling itself the default jpgwebcam.jpg and another with the same timestamp named SkyCam.jpg… Obviously appended with the hour/minute. I prefer ONLY the SkyCam.jpg one but… My icon on the WD main screen changes and updates. It appears everything is right except it simply will not upload. YES, FTP settings have been checked numerous times to verify everything is correct… and it must be since everything else uploads fine.

Additionally, no matter how many times I spend reviewing and going step by step, literally, through your web cam setup video it will not upload. I cannot figure this darn thing out. It has now been 36 hours or more now and I just can’t get it to go. I see it is uploading… but when I look at it from an FTP (Filezilla) client it is always the same file with the same timestamp on it in my overlay. I am totally going bonkers here trying to avoid asking for help but I am frustrated beyond belief. It does not look that darn hard to do and I literally have spend near an hour and a half pausing the video every step, completing same on my end, moving to the next step, and so on… I literally have done this 3 times now taking the better part of yesterday and now today yet still no upload success.

for the data received etc
try deleting the registry entry
[main screen custom]’
data_rec x=
data_rec y=

data_qual x=
data_qual y=

when WD is not running

for the web cam upload, post a screen shot of what you have setup up

OK, after safe/exiting I deleted the

[main screen custom]’
data_rec x=
data_rec y=

data_qual x=
data_qual y=

This did reset the boxes placing them back in their originally assigned position - actually smaller than what I had. This did NOT resolve the coloring issue. After verifying this di dnot resolve the color issue I then, without resizing them, moved them to new requested location.

As for webcam… 6 images to be uploaded for your review and to find my stupid error / oversight. :roll:

It will have to come in 2 posts…

2ns set of file for the Webcam issue.

Personally I am using control panel → FTP & connections METAR/NOAA → web cam upload (tab) to upload the file every minute created by the webcam capture 10.05 program and it works fine. Is that what you are trying to achieve - a regularly updating cam image or are you referring to videos?

Yes and no… I am uploading every 5 minutes not every minute using the control panel → FTP & connections METAR/NOAA → web cam upload.

can you post a shot of that screen pls?

Here it is.

control panel → FTP & connections METAR/NOAA → web cam upload.

This is my current setting for FTP.

I can see both SkyCam.jpg and SkyCam.gif on your server - the .gif seems to be up to date but I think the .jpg is from yesterday (can’t quite make out the date and atime on the image as it is small).
In your CamImages directory is the modified date/time of the .jpg up to date? The same stale image might be getting uploaded all the time?
Can you see the .gif and .jpg being reported as uploaded ok in ftplogfull.txt (in wdisplay directory)?

I think the settings in the webcam capture need to be checked, in your screenshots I can see “saving 2nd file …” and mine just says “saving file …”. Is that a .gif or .jpg being saved? If it is not a .jpg then that is why a current jpg image is not being uploaded.
There is a tab called “#2 webcam” - have you got a file being created there?

There is NO mention of SkyCam.jpg being uploaded in the ftplogfull.txt file - only the animatedweabcam and SkyCam.gif.
The SkyCam.jpg is NOT up to date. Not exactly sure which file would be the “modified” file name.

I had, at one time ticked the second file save but no longer. There is nothing set up under 2nd file tab.

Below are screen shots of the same thing - just moved a bit to the right (in the window by the cam capture window) to show it is saving the SkyCam.jpg. BUT is is not uploading it.

EDIT: UPDATE: I just found the following in the ftplogfull.txt file which I feel certain this is where the issue lies… but not sure how/where to resolve…
Uploading C:\wdisplay\CamImages\SkyCam.jpg → animatedwebcam.gif

So if I am interpreting this properly it is renaming the SkyCam.jpg to animatedwebcam.gif? Looking at this file indeed is the updated webcam image… I must have something amiss in the animated portion of the setup? How does a jpg file become an animated gif? It cannot to my knowledge.

I went to the Animated Webcam Image Setup and attempted to change from SkyCam.jpg to SkyCam. gif and it refuses to change. However Brian’s video DOES show it is using a jpg to create the animate webcam so leaving it as jpg.

Yes indeed - here is your up to date webcam image at http://www.k3jae.com/animatedwebcam.gif
I expect Brian will have to check your settings. I don’t have anything set up in control panel - > webcam as I am not creating video or animated gifs. Maybe there is a conflict.

I’m wondering if I just disable making an animated gif if that would resolve it? I really do not need one so… I will do that as a temp potential fix and see what happens.

UPDATE: Disabling the animated gif making did stop the renaming of SkyCam.jpg to animatedwebcam.gif ---- HOWEVER now it is renaming SkyCam.jpg to SkyCam.gif???

So, again as a temporary resolve, I have re-coded my image file to display on the ajax dashboard from SkyCam.jpg to SkyCam.gif and it appears to be showing properly. We shall see in about an hour if it continues to update properly. This does not resolve the underlying issue fully but simply makes the site appear that is is working properly.

Hopefully Brian will follow through all our bantering back and forth and see if there is something else I have amiss.

To review all previous messages into one message:

1. I disabled the creation of the animated webcam temporarily because having it active only served to cause SkyCam.jpg to be renamed to animated webcam.gif.
  2. Having disabled the Animated gif creation now forces SkyCam.jpg to be renamed SkyCam.gif.
  3. I have re-coded my ajax-dashboard to display SkyCam.gif as opposed to my original coding (and preference) of SkyCam.jpg and images shows properly. SkyCam.gif appears to be updating and uploading as designed.
  4. Why is SkyCam.jpg still being renamed to SkyCam.gif?
  5. Why is SkyCam.jpg not being uploaded as is preventing me from being able to use SkyCam.jpg as my image on the AJAX dashboard?
EDIT: UPDATE: I just found the following in the ftplogfull.txt file which I feel certain this is where the issue lies... but not sure how/where to resolve.... Uploading C:\wdisplay\CamImages\SkyCam.jpg -> animatedwebcam.gif

that is the problem

what I was looking for though was your web cam upload settings in WD

I did send that I think - a few msgs back… Unless I am misunderstanding what screen you need… 8O

OK, I see that now
one problem I see there is you have a gif file to be uploaded
but the web cam software is not set to produce a gif file (only a jpg file)
delete that

OK, the gif file has been removed from that upload.

Now seeing the following in the ftplogfull.txt:
Uploading C:\wdisplay\CamImages\SkyCam.jpg → formateddata.txt

Deleting the gif file upload has stopped my uploading of the SkyCam.gif file now as well. last upload was 18:37 - it is now 19:00.