So much technology and so little time.. Mac High Sierra and 32bit

I decided to upgrade to a imac with more bang for the buck. So I have on order 32G RAM, 1TB Fusion drive, 3.8 processor,and other goodies. I also have two external harddrives which are thunderbolt and purchased thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapters. So I am covered.

I plan on using Parallels. I found that with 8 G RAM, Parallels was so slow that I could take a hot bath and it would be churning along. Anyway I see that Apple is upgrading its OS for mac/imac with a September sometime upgrade. One of the things that strikes me is that it will no longer allow 32-bit programs to operate. I am using the OSX version of Weatherdisplay on the mac and I do have it on the Parallels/Windows 10 virtual side.

Will Weatherdisplay be able to run on the new OSX?

WD Mac OSX version is only 32 bit

I thought so. So that is part of the reason for upgrading to a newer imac, one that has 32gigs of ram and a faster processor. I then can run WDisplay on the windows 10 side of the system. The 8 gigs are slower that slow . Apple admits that 8 gigs on a PC are better than 8 on a mac.

Of course their file system is changing and perhaps many people will scream about 32 bit apps no longer working, so we shall see.

I am planning on using the Apple Migration routine to move everything over to the new unit. They claim settings come too. Since the OS are the same, it should work. I get the new machine on Friday and hopefully everything transfers or I will pm you for a new registration code in a long line of requests.

the compiler I use is not yet able to produce 64 bit (will be by next year I think), problem is I could not afford the cost of the license

I fully understand.